Subject: [Extra] GitHub issues for tracking document changes

From: Bron Gondwana <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 22:24:20 +1000

Hi All,

This group is likely to have a more diverse pool of authors than many
working groups, so I'd like to just get a quick indication from anybody
who is an author or is likely to be an author for a spec - are you using
a public issue tracker already to track changes to your document?  It
seems to be working quite well over on the JMAP spec:
https://github.com/jmapio/jmap/issues

And I'd be happy to create a github project called ietf-extra or
something and then a repository per spec under that where we can track
issues.  Does anybody have any strong feelings for a different system?
I'm happy to do the legwork of making sure threads here get turned
into issues, so it's more for the authors if they're happy working
with github.
Cheers,

Bron.

--
  Bron Gondwana, CEO, FastMail Pty Ltd
  [email-masked]

---

From: Stephan Bosch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 23:20:52 +0200

Op 9/18/2017 om 2:24 PM schreef Bron Gondwana:
> working groups, so I'd like to just get a quick indication from
> anybody who is an author or is likely to be an author for a spec - are
> you using a public issue tracker already to track changes to your
> document?  It seems to be working quite well over on the JMAP spec:
>

I'm using GitLab, but not public at the moment. I guess it could at
least be mirrored to GitHub.

> issues.  Does anybody have any strong feelings for a different
> system?  I'm happy to do the legwork of making sure threads here get
> turned into issues, so it's more for the authors if they're happy
> working with github.

I have an account, but I don't use it much. I have no objections though.

Regards,

-- 
Stephan Bosch
Senior Developer 

Phone: +49 2761 75252 00  Fax: +49 2761 75252 30
Email: [email-masked]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Open-Xchange AG,  Rollnerstr. 14, 90408 Nuremberg, District Court Nuremberg HRB 24738
Managing Board: Rafael Laguna de la Vera, Carsten Dirks, Michael Knapstein 
Chairman of the Board: Richard Seibt

Dovecot Oy, Lars Sonckin Kaari 10, 02600 Espoo, Finland
Managing Director: Markku Kentta
Chairman of the Board: Timo Sirainen
Board Member: Carsten Dirks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------