Subject: [Extra] AD review of draft-ietf-extra-specialuse-important-02

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 15:56:45 +0100

Hi,

This document is also in a good shape, but I have 2 minor comments that
need to be addressed before this goes to IESG review. (This doesn't
prevent starting IETF LC, so I've requested one):

1)

5.  Security Considerations

   As noted in RFC 6154, it is wise to protect the IMAP channel from
   passive eavesdropping, and to defend against unauthorized discernment
   of the identity of a user's "\Important" mailbox or of a user's
   "$Important" messages.

I think in order to prevent Security folks jumping on this, I think you
should clarify that this can be done using TLS, which is a standard IMAP
feature described in RFC 3501.

2)

6.3.  Initial Entries for the IMAP Mailbox Name Attributes Registry

   The registry will initially contain these entries:

Looking at section 6 of RFC 5258 I can see that you've missed
registering at least 3 attributes:

   mbx-list-oflag =/  child-mbox-flag / "\Subscribed" / "\Remote"

   mbx-list-sflag =/  "\NonExistent"

These need to be added to the table.

Thank you,
Alexey

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2018 00:09:49 -0400

These are fixed in -03, which I'm posting now.

Neil, please make sure that the "not used by JMAP" asterisks are still
accurate with the addition of the three new attributes.

Barry

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 10:56 AM, Alexey Melnikov
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Extra mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/extra