Subject: Re: [Extra] I-D Action: draft-ietf-extra-specialuse-important-00.txt

From: "Chris Newman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2018 19:57:27 -0700

On 29 Mar 2018, at 16:40, [email-masked] wrote:
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
> directories.
> This draft is a work item of the Email mailstore and eXtensions To 
> Revise or Amend WG of the IETF.
>
>         Title           : IMAP $Important Keyword and \Important 
> Special-Use Attribute

I've reviewed this document and have no objection to advancement. At 
this time I have no plans to implement this.

I recommend including this example:

      C: t6 CREATE Important (USE (\Important))
      S: t6 NO [USEATTR] \Important not supported

to remind client implementers how RFC 6154 works with unrecognized use 
attributes.

>       giving the requested values for each of the three fields.

I think that should be "four fields".

		- Chris

---

From: Bron Gondwana <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2018 07:36:47 +1000

On Tue, 10 Apr 2018, at 12:57, Chris Newman wrote:
> to remind client implementers how RFC 6154 works with unrecognized use> attributes.
> 

Thanks Chris,

I have created:
https://github.com/ietfextra/tracking/issues/29
https://github.com/ietfextra/tracking/issues/30

To track these two issues.

Cheers,

Bron.

--
  Bron Gondwana, CEO, FastMail Pty Ltd
  [email-masked]

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 13:04:08 -0400

Thanks for the review, Chris.

> to remind client implementers how RFC 6154 works with unrecognized use

In -01, just posted, I've added three examples: creating an \Important
mailbox, and failing because of attribute conflict and because of lack
of support for the extension.

> I think that should be "four fields".

Yeh, I added a field and forgot to change the numbers.  I've changed
the three instances of "three fields" so they no longer have a number
at all.

Please give -01 a quick check and make sure you're happy with it.

Barry

---

From: "Chris Newman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 10:08:46 -0700

Looks good. I noticed one more editorial issue. There's no informative 
reference to JMAP and that acronym is never expanded.

		- Chris

On 19 Apr 2018, at 10:04, Barry Leiba wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Extra mailing list
> [email-masked]

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 13:10:07 -0400

> reference to JMAP and that acronym is never expanded.

Glrf.
Another late addition, and another omission.  -02 coming...

b