Subject: [Extra] RFC 8508 on IMAP REPLACE Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2019 11:58:30 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8508

        Title:      IMAP REPLACE Extension 
        Author:     S. Brandt
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 21984
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-extra-imap-replace-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8508

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8508

This document defines an IMAP extension that can be used to replace
an existing message in a message store with a new message.  Message
replacement is a common operation for clients that automatically save
drafts or notes as a user composes them.

This document is a product of the Email mailstore and eXtensions To Revise or Amend Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC