Subject: interoperability testing for simple & full mode

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 08:00:53 +0100

Folks,

The ITU discussions in England, this week, went extremely well.  They
reviewed the recent IETF Fax working group documents and have revised their
specification (T.37) to define Full Mode strictly by use of references to
that work!  Hence, we can continue to have a single set of technical
specifications for Internet fax over email.  (Some formal suggestions are
coming back through official channels.  In my opinion the feedback from the
group is quite reasonable and straightforward, and it should not cause any
heartburn.)

A testing event for Simple Mode (and Full Mode and T.38 real-time, if the
participants wish) is planned for the first week in December.  If you are
not already on the mailing list for planning this event and wish to
participate, please subscribe to [email-masked].

d/

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Dave Crocker                                       Tel: +60 (19) 3299 445
<mailto:[email-masked]>             Post Office Box 296, U.P.M.
                                         Serdang, Selangor 43400 MALAYSIA
Brandenburg Consulting                                          
<http://www.brandenburg.com>                       Tel: +1 (408) 246 8253
Fax: +1(408)273 6464              675 Spruce Dr., Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA