Subject: Fwd: IPP> FW: I-D ACTION:draft-shockey-ipp2ifax-01.txt

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 15:50:30 -0600

FYI: This is a revision of the document I posted earlier.

Substantive changes were made after an extensive conversation with IPP WG
members at their general session held in Tucson this week.

It is my intention to present this draft at the IPP WG meeting at IETF
Orlando. In addition I would hope that there would be an opportunity to
present it to the FAX WG as well, if our Chair finds the time!

##########################

>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
>directories.
>
>
>	Title		: The Use of the Internet Print Protocol [IPP] 
>                                  as a Facsimile Service [FAX]
>	Author(s)	: R. Shockey
>	Filename	: draft-shockey-ipp2ifax-01.txt
>	Pages		: 22
>	Date		: 12-Nov-98
>	
>This memorandum discusses the use of the Internet Print Protocol
>[IPP] as a facsimile service. IPP has most of the functional
>attributes necessary to be a successful real time facsimile
>service on the Internet with little or no modification to the
>core IPP V 1.0 protocols [IPP-MOD] [IPP-PRO].
> 
>IPP compliance with the legal and general custom and practice
>surrounding General Switched Telephone Network [FAX] will require
>some modification to the behavior of IPP clients and the common
>usage of time/date stamping on local IPP device transactions and logs.
>
>Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
>"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
>type "cd internet-drafts" and then
>	"get draft-shockey-ipp2ifax-01.txt".
>A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
>ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shockey-ipp2ifax-01.txt
>
>Internet-Drafts directories are located at:
>
>	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
>	
>	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
>		ftp.nic.it
>			
>	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
>	
>	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
>	
>	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu
>
>Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.
>
>Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
>	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-shockey-ipp2ifax-01.txt".
>	
>NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
>	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
>	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
>	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
>	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
>	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
>	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
>	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
>	how to manipulate these messages.
>		
>		
>Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
>implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
>Internet-Draft.
>

Richard Shockey
Shockey Consulting LLC                  
8045 Big Bend Blvd. Suite 110    
St. Louis, MO 63119
Voice 314.918.9020
Fax   314.918.9015
INTERNET Mail & IFAX : [email-masked]  
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<