Subject: Re: [Fax]Results of ITU-T Meeting on Internet Fax

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 1998 06:58:32 +0200

At 06:13 PM 11/7/98 +0000, James  Rafferty wrote:
>IETF/ITU cooperative process.   The ITU-T SG8 management on site(vice-chair
>Alan Pugh and Q4 rapporteur Herman Silbiger) were also instrumental in
>helping to support continued progress.   

I'll add a personal note that the change in "tone" over the last 1 1/2
years has been remarkable and rewarding.  Some forms of distributed
computing among peer processes are characterized as needing to work in a
context of "mutual suspicion" and I think that term is a fair
representation of things when we started.  As such, this past week's
efforts represent a fundamental, pleasant, and productive change.  It could
not have happened unless there were very broad and strong desire for it in
both communities.

d/

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Dave Crocker                                       Tel: +60 (19) 3299 445
<mailto:[email-masked]>             Post Office Box 296, U.P.M.
                                         Serdang, Selangor 43400 MALAYSIA
Brandenburg Consulting                                          
<http://www.brandenburg.com>                       Tel: +1 (408) 246 8253
Fax: +1(408)273 6464              675 Spruce Dr., Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA