Subject: FW: [VPIM] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-vpim-cc-03.txt

From: "Eric Burger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 15:05:08 -0500

As promised, the Critical Content draft is now available.

-----Original Message-----
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Voice Profile for Internet Mail Working
Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Critical Content of Internet Mail
	Author(s)	: E. Burger, E. Candell
	Filename	: draft-ietf-vpim-cc-03.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 05-Mar-01

This document describes a mechanism for identifying the body parts
that the sender deems critical in a multi-part Internet mail
message.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-vpim-cc-03.txt
ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-vpim-cc-03.txt

---

From: Dan Wing <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 15:28:25 -0800

Thanks.  This is a useful draft.

Section 9.1 needs some clarification.  It reads:

   That is, if the alternative selected has Content-Criticality: IGNORE, 
then
   the content gateway MUST NOT generate any delivery notifications.

which implies that a content gateway implemented as a gateway (section 4.5) 
must not generate a DSN even if requested.  This violates the rules DSNs.

In the I-D you make a supposition that IMPORTANT would soon be an accepted 
value of Content-Criticality, but it isn't one of the valid values.  It 
would be best to not mention IMPORTANT in this I-D or to include it in the 
grammar.

-d

At 03:05 PM 3/6/01 -0500, Eric Burger wrote:
>Content-Type: text/plain
>Content-ID:     <[email-masked]>
>
>ENCODING mime
>Content-Type: text/plain
>Content-ID:     <[email-masked]>

---

From: "Eric Burger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 00:45:53 -0500

Sorry I took so long to respond.

The whole point of the draft is to change the semantics of DSN/MDN
generation.  If the sender marks a body part IGNORE, it means they have no
interest in that parts ultimate disposition.  This is especially so for body
parts the sender didn't know they sent, such as their vCard, tnef, or a gif
of their letterhead.

The next version of the draft will change the language in section 4.4 to
make it clear IMPORTANT is an example.  I pasted the section from -02, where
IMPORTANT was still a legal value for Critical-Content.

> From: Dan Wing [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2001 6:28 PM
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: FW: [VPIM] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-vpim-cc-03.txt
>
>
[snip]