Subject: ffpim upgrade

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2001 09:31:51 +0800

Folks,

A revised draft of FFPIM has been submitted to internet-drafts.

Actually, two were sent.  One quickly, with no changes, and the second just 
before the deadline, with enhancements.

The enhancements respond to issues raised over recent months, especially 
with regard to a direct transmission mode.  Most of the "enhancements" are 
placeholders.  They cite the issue but do not attempt to provide normative 
text to resolve them.

The purpose of the placeholders is to seek comment from the working group 
about the suggested changes to be made.

If the revised draft does not get distributed, I will put it on my web 
page.  (My access is constrained now, or I would already have made it 
available.)

d/

----------
Dave Crocker   <mailto:[email-masked]>
Brandenburg InternetWorking   <http://www.brandenburg.com>
tel: +1.408.246.8253;   fax: +1.408.273.6464

---

From: Hiroshi Tamura <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 18:23:18 +0900 (JST)

Dave, thanks for updating FFPIM.

> placeholders.  They cite the issue but do not attempt to provide normative 

I thought, at first, FFPIM had no relation with the direct transmission mode.
But if WG agrees, it is ok for me.

> about the suggested changes to be made.

I hope Maeda-san and Toyoda-san comment after it is circulated.

Regards,
--
Hiroshi Tamura, Ricoh Company, LTD.
E-mail: [email-masked]