Subject: MDN usage question.

From: "Kassmann, Gary" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 11:21:08 -0500

All,
My name is Gary Kassmann and I am a Systems Engineering Manager at Xerox
Corporation.  I have been a long time reader of this DL but this is my first
post.  I have a question about the usage of MDN's which I don't think has
been addressed here.

The recent DSN & MDN discussions makes me wonder about the case of receiving
TIFF-FX Profile C on an IFax device which is capable of interpreting the
file but only prints B&W.  In interest of increasing interoperability, I can
envision a B&W device having the ability to read and a color file.  Does the
ability to read the file invoke a positive MDN or does the inability to
process the file in color invoke a negative MDN?  What is the recommended
MDN usage to support this case?

Regards,
Gary

____________________
Gary Kassmann   [email-masked]
Xerox Corporation
GMO/OSG/CDDU - System Architecture & Technology Delivery

---

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 11:57:47 -0800

Interesting question.

It seems like something indicating successful processing (disposition) but at
a loss of fidelity is needed.

-d

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
> Behalf Of Kassmann, Gary
> Sent: Monday, March 12, 2001 8:21 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: McIntyre, Lloyd; Kassmann, Gary
> Subject: MDN usage question.
>
>
> All,