Subject: [issue3] feedback section 6.4

From: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 03:13:41 +0000

New submission from Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>:

captured for lack of response on list

"The ForCES query and query response messages are used for one ForCES
   element (CE or FE) to query other ForCES element(s) for various kinds
   of information. "

Isnt everything an LFB? Why not say that its for querying LFBs?

- 6.4.1  Query Message

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|    Type = GET                 |               Length          |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|                        Path(or Attribute ID?)                 |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|                            Query Data                         |
                                                              .
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Should really be:

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|    Type = GET                 |               Length          |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|                        Path to queried data                   |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

- 6.4.2  Query Response Message

I think the deviation from the norm in laying out the response
will make it more programming work. 
Looking at main header one should be able to tell how to parse the 
contents and what they mean.

----------
category: Technical
draft: draft-ietf-forces-protocol
messages: 3
nosy: jamal
priority: Should fix
status: Pending
title: feedback section 6.4

__________________________________________________
Forces issue tracker <[email-masked]>
<http://www.mip4.org/issues/tracker/forces/issue3>
__________________________________________________