Subject: [issue2] feedback on section 6.3

From: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 03:12:39 +0000

New submission from Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>:

I am capturing these here since responses on the list are scarce

And in general i hope those are seen as sample layouts of the message;
i.e hopefully, nobody sees that layout as the way they must build the
message with an ADD and a DEL etc.

- 6.3.1  Config Message

+ "Config data"   should be "Config data and path"

+ Type is bad to describe operations. That should be operations

+ UPDATE/REPLACE, DEL ALL are really flag extensions which will become
clear once we have path-data noise cleared. Suggest you remove.

+ What is PACKET SUBSCRIBE/UNSUBSCRIBE?

- 6.3.2  Config Response Message

Why do we have " Operation Result "
As far as i can see it is sufficient to look at the Main header type,
a operation, path and its associated data.
Unless this is meant to be a less verbose result?

+ BTW, what is the point of mentioning "single or Array LFB
       specific result entries" or result might be TLV. Just say the 
presentation of the data is stuill under discussion.

----------
category: Technical
draft: draft-ietf-forces-protocol
messages: 2
nosy: jamal
priority: Should fix
status: Pending
title: feedback on section 6.3

__________________________________________________
Forces issue tracker <[email-masked]>
<http://www.mip4.org/issues/tracker/forces/issue2>
__________________________________________________