Subject: TML Template/Requires

From: "Putzolu, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 15:54:41 -0800

All,

At the last meeting I said I would send out some suggestions
for topics that each of the TML documents should make sure to
address in order to go forward.  Below is a set of such
topics - please comment or propose changes as needed:

* Description of problem being solved: Why a particular TML
  is being proposed/should be adopted.  What problem does it
  solve that other TML proposals do not already solve.  
  E.g. better for highly scaled systems, better for intra-
  box scenarios, better for multiple hops, etc.
* How specifically is it mapped to a transport protocol. 
  E.g. if TCP, what port #s, does FE or CE setup the connection,
  etc. Same for UDP or alternate protocols (e.g. TIPC, SCTP).
  The information here should be sufficiently detailed that an
  implementer could pickup the spec and create a compliant
  implementation
* What TML messages are defined, in terms of description,
  ordering/message sequence, message types, etc.
* How the TML satisfies the ForCES requirements RFC and 
  how the ForCES PL would use it.
* All the mandatory parts of any IETF protocol spec, e.g.
  IANA considerations, security section, etc.

Cheers,
David