Subject: [forces] RFC 5812 on Forwarding and Control Element Separation (ForCES) Forwarding Element Model

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 19:18:14 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5812

        Title:      Forwarding and Control Element Separation 
                    (ForCES) Forwarding Element Model 
        Author:     J. Halpern, J. Hadi Salim
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      134
        Characters: 301491
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-forces-model-16.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5812.txt

This document defines the forwarding element (FE) model used in the
Forwarding and Control Element Separation (ForCES) protocol.  The
model represents the capabilities, state, and configuration of
forwarding elements within the context of the ForCES protocol, so
that control elements (CEs) can control the FEs accordingly.  More
specifically, the model describes the logical functions that are
present in an FE, what capabilities these functions support, and how
these functions are or can be interconnected.  This FE model is
intended to satisfy the model requirements specified in RFC 3654. 
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Forwarding and Control Element Separation Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC