Subject: [forces] RFC 6053 on Implementation Report for Forwarding and Control Element Separation (ForCES)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 21:50:12 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6053

        Title:      Implementation Report for Forwarding and 
                    Control Element Separation (ForCES) 
        Author:     E. Haleplidis, K. Ogawa,
                    W. Wang, J. Hadi Salim
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      34
        Characters: 72337
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-forces-implementation-report-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6053.txt

Forwarding and Control Element Separation (ForCES) defines an
architectural framework and associated protocols to standardize
information exchange between the control plane and the forwarding
plane in a ForCES network element (ForCES NE).  RFC 3654 has defined
the ForCES requirements, and RFC 3746 has defined the ForCES
framework.

This document is an implementation report for the ForCES Protocol,
Model, and the Stream Control Transmission Protocol-based Transport
Mapping Layer (SCTP TML) documents, and includes a report on
interoperability testing and the current state of ForCES
implementations.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Forwarding and Control Element Separation Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC