Subject: [ftpext] FTP IDs

From: Anthony Bryan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 16:11:05 -0400

here's the list of FTP IDs with links. your help with triage/review is
appreciated. looks like we have 3 identified as superceded by others.

Active drafts:
	draft-bryan-ftp-hash
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bryan-ftp-hash
	draft-hethmon-mcmurray-ftp-hosts
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hethmon-mcmurray-ftp-hosts

Related:
       draft-ietf-behave-ftp64
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-behave-ftp64

Expired individual submission drafts.  This list is derived from a
quick search of the I-D database.  Some of them have been superceded
by other work; others were abandoned long ago by the authors.  Posting
dates are listed from the index; expiration dates six months later.

Legend:
! = renewed interest in draft.
# = draft superceded by another draft/RFC.

    draft-bonachea-sftp-00 Protocol Negotiation Extensions to Secure
FTP 1999-06-18
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-bonachea-sftp-00.txt
#  draft-casey-url-ftp-00 A FTP URL Format 1997-01-09 (presumably
superceded by draft-hoffman-ftp-uri)
# http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-casey-url-ftp-00.txt
    draft-chin-dnftp-01 Distributed New File Transfer Protocol 2006-05-02
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-chin-dnftp-01.txt
    draft-dilip-ftpext-safe-transfer-00 Safe GET & Safe PUT options
for FTP 2006-01-17
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dilip-ftpext-safe-transfer-00
    draft-fordh-ftp-ssl-firewall-07 FTP/TLS Friendly Firewalls 2005-10-21
http://www.ford-hutchinson.com/~fh-1-pfh/draft-fordh-ftp-ssl-firewall-07.txt
    draft-hoffman-ftp-uri-04 The ftp URI Scheme 2005-01-03
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hoffman-ftp-uri-04
    draft-klensin-ftp-typeu-00 FTP Extension for Internationalized
Text 2008-07-27
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-klensin-ftp-typeu-00.txt
    draft-metz-spasv-00 Short Passive (SPASV) Command for FTP 1998-01-13
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-metz-spasv-00
    draft-mityok-macbin1-01 Adopt MacBinary II Mac File Encoding for
FTP Transfers 1996-07-30
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-mityok-macbin1-01.txt
    draft-peterson-streamlined-ftp-command-extensions-06 Streamlined
FTP Command Extensions 2008-08-29
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-peterson-streamlined-ftp-command-extensions-06
!   draft-preston-ftpext-deflate-03 Deflate transmission mode for FTP 2005-01-14
! http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-preston-ftpext-deflate-03
    draft-rajeshs-ftpext-rec-arch-transfer-01 FTP Extensions for
recursive and archived file transfers 2005-04-29
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rajeshs-ftpext-rec-arch-transfer-01
    draft-rosenau-ftp-single-port-05 FTP EXTENSION ALLOWING IP
FORWARDING (NATs) 2008-09-18
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-rosenau-ftp-single-port-05.txt
    draft-saul-ftp-plus-00 FTP Plus 2000-08-29
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-saul-ftp-plus-00.txt
    draft-somers-ftp-mfxx-03 The 'MFMT', 'MFCT', and 'MFF' Command
Extensions for FTP 2008-07-28
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-somers-ftp-mfxx-03
    draft-stewart-ftp-client-mib-00 FTP Client MIB 1998-11-17
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-stewart-ftp-client-mib-00
#  draft-twine-ftpmd5-00 The 'MD5' and 'MMD5' FTP Command Extensions
2002-05-14 (superceded by draft-bryan-ftp-hash)
# http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-twine-ftpmd5-00.txt

The following additional drafts were work products of the old FTPEXT
WG that do not appear to have been replaced by RFCs:

    draft-ietf-ftpext-data-connection-assurance-00 FTP Data Connection
Assurance 2002-05-24
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ftpext-data-connection-assurance-00
#  draft-ietf-ftpext-restart-00 REST Command and Extensions to FTP
1997-03-21 (superceded by RFC 3659?)
# http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ftpext-restart-00
    draft-ietf-ftpext-utf-8-option-00 UTF-8 Option for FTP 2002-05-24
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ftpext-utf-8-option-00

-- 
(( Anthony Bryan ... Metalink [ http://www.metalinker.org ]
  )) Easier, More Reliable, Self Healing Downloads

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 22:08:35 -0400

> appreciated. looks like we have 3 identified as superceded by others.

Anthony, thanks for putting this together.

I have a request from Dapeng Liu to have time on the BOF agenda to discuss this:
   draft-liu-behave-ftp64
   IPv6 IPv4 translation FTP considerations
   http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-liu-behave-ftp64

So we'll add that to the list.

I need to put together an agenda for the BOF, so I'm going to post a
separate message asking people to look at this list and tell us which
drafts they want to see discussed/considered.

> ! http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-preston-ftpext-deflate-03

Whence comes the "renewed interest"?  If there really is renewed
interest, the interested part(y/ies) should revive the draft by
posting a new version, or an -00 version under a related name.  The
deadline for -00 drafts is 5 July at 17:00 PDT, so there's still time
to do this.

Barry Leiba, ftpext2 BOF chair

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 22:17:14 -0400

> deadline for -00 drafts is 5 July at 17:00 PDT, so there's still time

Never mind; I see it, in TJ's note.  TJ, since you are an original
author of the draft, you should be able to submit an -04 version and
get it revived.  Can you do that by the 5 July deadline?

Barry

---

From: Anthony Bryan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 00:33:08 -0400

> So we'll add that to the list.

added. here's a revised list that may be more readable, w/ a few
corrections & notes. I've also emailed all of the ID authors & we have
a few of them on the list now, so hopefully we'll be getting more
feedback.

Legend:
% = On the FTPEXT BOF agenda at IETF Maastricht meeting on July 26,
2010 from 1740-1940. Reply to Barry's thread to have a draft put on
the agenda.
! = Renewed interest in draft.
# = Internet Draft superceded by another ID/RFC.

% Active drafts:

   FTP Extensions for Cryptographic Hashes
   draft-bryan-ftp-hash
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bryan-ftp-hash

   File Transfer Protocol HOST Command for Virtual Hosts
   draft-hethmon-mcmurray-ftp-hosts
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hethmon-mcmurray-ftp-hosts

Related:

   IPv6-to-IPv4 translation FTP considerations
   draft-ietf-behave-ftp64
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-behave-ftp64

%   IPv6 IPv4 translation FTP considerations
%   draft-liu-behave-ftp64
% http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-liu-behave-ftp64

   Protocol Negotiation Extensions to Secure FTP 1999-06-18
   draft-bonachea-sftp-00
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-bonachea-sftp-00.txt

   Distributed New File Transfer Protocol 2006-05-02
   draft-chin-dnftp-01
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-chin-dnftp-01.txt

   Safe GET & Safe PUT options for FTP 2006-01-17
   draft-dilip-ftpext-safe-transfer-00
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dilip-ftpext-safe-transfer-00

   FTP/TLS Friendly Firewalls 2005-10-21
   draft-fordh-ftp-ssl-firewall-07
http://www.ford-hutchinson.com/~fh-1-pfh/draft-fordh-ftp-ssl-firewall-07.txt

   The ftp URI Scheme 2005-01-03
   draft-hoffman-ftp-uri-04
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hoffman-ftp-uri-04

   FTP Extension for Internationalized Text 2008-07-27
   draft-klensin-ftp-typeu-00
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-klensin-ftp-typeu-00.txt

   Short Passive (SPASV) Command for FTP 1998-01-13
   draft-metz-spasv-00
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-metz-spasv-00

   Adopt MacBinary II Mac File Encoding for FTP Transfers 1996-07-30
   draft-mityok-macbin1-01
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-mityok-macbin1-01.txt

   Streamlined FTP Command Extensions 2008-08-29
   draft-peterson-streamlined-ftp-command-extensions-06
   Note: HOST command same as draft-hethmon-mcmurray-ftp-hosts.
   AVBL command is similar to LOCAL DISK SIZE (LDSIZE) from
draft-dilip-ftpext-safe-transfer-00.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-peterson-streamlined-ftp-command-extensions-06

!   Deflate transmission mode for FTP 2005-01-14
!   draft-preston-ftpext-deflate-03
! http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-preston-ftpext-deflate-03

   FTP Extensions for recursive and archived file transfers 2005-04-29
   draft-rajeshs-ftpext-rec-arch-transfer-01
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rajeshs-ftpext-rec-arch-transfer-01

   FTP EXTENSION ALLOWING IP FORWARDING (NATs) 2008-09-18
   draft-rosenau-ftp-single-port-05
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-rosenau-ftp-single-port-05.txt

   FTP Plus 2000-08-29
   draft-saul-ftp-plus-00

   The 'MFMT', 'MFCT', and 'MFF' Command Extensions for FTP 2008-07-28
   draft-somers-ftp-mfxx-04

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-somers-ftp-mfxx-04

   FTP Client MIB 1998-11-17
   draft-stewart-ftp-client-mib-00
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-stewart-ftp-client-mib-00

   FTP Data Connection Assurance 2002-05-24
   draft-ietf-ftpext-data-connection-assurance-00
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ftpext-data-connection-assurance-00

   UTF-8 Option for FTP 2002-05-24
   draft-ietf-ftpext-utf-8-option-00
   Note: According to http://wiki.filezilla-project.org/Character_Set
, this ID conflicts with RFC 2640.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ftpext-utf-8-option-00

Drafts that are superceded or might be left abandoned.

#  A FTP URL Format 1997-01-09
#  draft-casey-url-ftp-00
#  Note: Presumably superceded by draft-hoffman-ftp-uri?
# http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-casey-url-ftp-00.txt

#  REST Command and Extensions to FTP 1997-03-21
#  draft-ietf-ftpext-restart-00
#  Note: Product of old FTPEXT WG. Superceded by RFC 3659?
# http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ftpext-restart-00

#  The 'MD5' and 'MMD5' FTP Command Extensions 2002-05-14
#  draft-twine-ftpmd5-00
#  Note: Superceded by draft-bryan-ftp-hash.
# http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-twine-ftpmd5-00.txt

---

From: TJ Saunders <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 08:09:44 -0700 (PDT)

> get it revived.  Can you do that by the 5 July deadline?

Done.  I know the submitted draft still needs work, but I wanted to make 
sure it was revived before July 5.

Cheers,
TJ

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   No man can justly censure or condemn another,
   because indeed no man truly knows another.

   	-Sir Thomas Browne

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~