Subject: [gaia] GAIA Workshop@DEV 2015 Agenda

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 11:36:43 +0100

Dear All,
  Please find the final agenda for the GAIA workshop co-located with ACM
DEV on Nov 30th at the Queen Mary University London. (some title of the
talks are subject to change).

-----

Agenda
----------
8:30: Coffee

8:45-9:00: Chairs Welcome
9:00-9:30 Adisorn Lertsinsrubtavee (University of Cambridge) - Rural
Community Wireless Mesh Deployment Experiences from Thailand
9:30-10:00: Trevor Barker (Avanti Consulting) - Next generation satellite
broadband for developing regions
10:00-10:30: Yehia El Khatib (Lancaster University) - Does the Internet
deserve everybody?

10:30-11:00 Coffee

11:00-11:30 Richard Dent  (University of Cambridge) - The capability to
trust strangers online: opportunities and barriers
11:30-12:00 Sheharbano Khattak (University of Cambridge) - Internet
Censorship in Developing Countries: A Case Study of Pakistan
12:00-12:30 David Johnson (CSIR) - TV white space in South Africa - what
we've learnt and where we're heading

12:30-2:00 Lunch

2:00-3:30: Demo based talks
2:00-2:30  Andres Arcia Moret (University of Cambridge)- Zebra RFO: Open
and Regionalised Spectrum Repositories for the developing world?
2:30-3:00 Dirk Trossen (InterDigital)- Localizing communication for an
affordable Internet - demo of recent EU activities
3:00-3:30  Liang Wang (University of Cambridge) - Intelligent service
caching for developing regions

3:30-4:00 Coffee

4:00-5:00 Session: Socio-economics in delivering the "Global Internet
Access for All" (GAIA) vision (lessons, obstacles, models) (Chair: Leandro
Navarro (UPC))

6:00 onwards: The Great British Pub Experience (Chair: Gareth Tyson)

Regards

-- 
Arjuna Sathiaseelan
Personal: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/
N4D Lab: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/n4d