Subject: [gaia] 1 World Connected - Updated Case Studies Catalog (v2)

From: Sharada Srinivasan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 15:12:46 -0500

Hello,

A few months ago, I reached out to the community for input on 1 World
Connected's effort to catalog initiatives seeking to connect the
unconnected. We received an outpouring of support from all corners, and a
number of new resources that have significantly enhanced the catalog. Version
2 <https://goo.gl/oahE3H> now has over 600 case studies covering a wide
range of technologies and capacity building efforts.

This document is a *curation* of a number of widely available online
sources as well as submissions made via our website's form and in-person
meetings at various venues over the course of the last year in India,
Mexico, Britain and USA, and I would like to acknowledge thank the very
many people that have contributed and shared their work and knowledge
through mails, reports and conversations, without whom this resource will
not have been possible. It is their work that has been compiled and
organized, and a list of all major sources are mentioned in the first sheet
of the catalog.

As ever, the document is open for feedback and will continue to be upgraded
as the project proceeds, so please do reach out in case you are aware of
additional case studies that we can document. The spreadsheet is available
on the following link: https://goo.gl/oahE3H

The next stage of our project envisages compiling case studies of these
projects through secondary research and interviews, and I will update on
our progress on the same periodically. Newer case studies will also be
uploaded to our website (1worldconnected.org), and we are in the process of
revamping the interface so that the data can be presented and accessed more
easily.

Thanks and regards,
Sharada Srinivasan,
Research Fellow
Center for Technology, Innovation and Competition,
University of Pennsylvania