Subject: [gaia] Stanford Liberationtech

From: Yosem Companys <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 10:52:10 -0800

We are Stanford Liberationtech. We are housed in the Freeman Spogli
Institute in the Center for Democracy, Development, and the Rule of Law,
and our goal is to design technologies that offer cybersecurity and privacy
to people so that they may foster democracy, development, freedom, and
other public goods.

Our home page is here: http://cddrl.fsi.stanford.edu/libtech.

To sign up to our 4K-strong mailing list, click here:
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/liberationtech.

We have also curated a list of Liberationtech content at
https://twitter.com/Liberationtech.

If you prefer to read our list as a newspaper, you could always check our
Paper.li account: http://paper.li/Liberationtech#/

Our Liberationtech blog has been dead for a while, but we are working on
reviving it. If you are interested in helping out, please let us know.

We also have a series of mailing lists on topics related to Liberationtech.
The most important lists are the following:

   - Events: https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/libera
   tiontech-events
   - Jobs: https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/liberationtech-jobs
   - CfP: https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/liberationtech-cfp

For the aforementioned lists, we try to compile a list of all events, job
opportunities, and call for papers related to Liberationtech from all over
the world.

It's not a comprehensive list, so your assistance would be helpful. If you
hear of a job, event, or cfp that would be of benefit to Liberationtech
subscribers, please let us know.

Finally, we want to take Liberationtech to the next level. What that means,
we don't know. But the world has changed a lot since we started back in
2008: Censorship is on the rise. Internet freedom is on the decline. And we
have become much more of a community of hackers and cybersecurity
professionals who seek to protect vulnerable communities around the world.

So if you have ideas of projects you would like to see us take on, please
let us know. We want the Liberationtech community to drive the process. Any
idea is welcome. Dream big or small. Just let us know how you think we can
best help.

Thanks,
Yosem
(One of the moderators)