Subject: [gaia] Thailand Community Networks

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2017 21:33:36 +0000

All - I wrote a blog piece on the Thailand Community Network
initiative by Asian Institute of Tech which would be of interest:
https://blog.apnic.net/2017/02/17/taknet-community-networking-thailand/
-- 
Arjuna Sathiaseelan
Personal: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/
N4D Lab: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/n4d

---

From: willi uebelherr <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2017 20:27:25 -0300

(Too many recipients to the message)

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: [gaia] Thailand Community Networks
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2017 20:04:05 -0300
From: willi uebelherr <[email-masked]>
To: IRTF gaia <[email-masked]>
CC: FSFLA list <[email-masked]>, FSFe discuss 
<[email-masked]>, WSF discuss 
<[email-masked]>, Franz Nahrada 
<[email-masked]>, Red Tecnologia Libre Comunal 
<[email-masked]>, IGF dc <[email-masked]>, IGF 
dc ctu <[email-masked]>, Ninux wl 
<[email-masked]>, GUIFI mesh <[email-masked]>, 
FreiFunk talk <[email-masked]>

> https://blog.apnic.net/2017/02/17/taknet-community-networking-thailand/

Dear Arjuna,

this text is not a perspective for Community Networks. It is a way to 
hold the old capitalistic occupation from Europe in Asia.

Clear, you work for that, you have a job for that, you get your money 
from that. But i think, the most people on our planet have not this 
problem and are able to think independent.

The perspective for the Community Networks are the local technical 
infrastructures based on our global network for free technology.

This is the background for our regional interconnection as a base for 
our community interconnection. And this is, like the streets and roads, 
a public task from our societies. Then, we don't need money for that, 
because we don't need private companies, and we don't need state 
institutions. The people organise it self.

many greetings, willi
Asuncion, Paraguay