Subject: [gaia] 1 World Connected: Call for Collaborations

From: Sharada Srinivasan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2017 15:17:43 -0500

Dear all,

1 World Connected is a three-year, three-phase research project based out
of the University of Pennsylvania’s Center for Technology, Innovation and
Competition that seeks to study innovative approaches to connect the
unconnected. Over the last year, we identified close to 600 examples of
innovative approaches that we plan to expand into case studies.  We are
grateful for the support that we have received from members of this mailing
list. We are in the process of conducting interviews and further desk
research to develop full case studies of all the candidates that we have
identified.

The second phase of our project seeks to collect data on key metrics at the
community level on these projects to identify factors that help connect
more people to the Internet. Several initiatives in different regions are
already engaged in data collection at a local level. We are open to
partnering with anyone who is interested in order to enhance our
understanding of the work that is already underway and to avoid duplication
of efforts.

If you are engaged in data collection (be it through surveys, or through
measurement probes) or are considering doing the same in the near future,
we invite you to have a conversation on the metrics and methods we are
seeking to employ and potential synergies that our work may have with
existing efforts.

Please email us at [email-masked] and [email-masked] in case
you are interested.

Regards,

Sharada Srinivasan

Research Fellow,

Center for Technology, Innovation and Competition,

University of Pennsylvania