Subject: [gaia] Another workshop CFP

From: "Trossen, Dirk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 12:48:45 +0000

All,

Apologies for the second CFP spam but I was thinking that also this workshop might be of interest to GAIA members for the same reasons as before.

Best,

Dirk

===========================================================================
CALL FOR PAPER
ACM SIGCOMM 2017 First International Workshop on Mobile Edge Communications (MECOMM)
August 21, 2017, LA California, USA
http://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2017/workshop-mecomm.html
===========================================================================

++ Scope++

Future mobile networks aim to support low latency, context-related service offering, personalised service delivery and highly flexible and efficient resource management. One attractive approach to these goals introduces virtualized storage and compute resources at the edge of the network, having closer proximity to mobile subscribers as a way of reducing end-to-end latency and time-to-response, while increasing the flexibility and agility of allocating resources. The Mobile Edge Computing (MEC) paradigm takes this approach facilitating computation and storage capabilities at the edge, with a particular focus on their interaction with applications and services. In a similar fashion, Network Function Virtualisation (NFV) brings advantages related to the flexible instantiation and management of network functionality on top of virtualized compute, storage and network resources.

The workshop focuses on the interplay between NFV and MEC domains; stimulating research efforts that marry the requirements of virtual computing with the requirements of virtual networking in a number of aspects, including: enabling application- and/or service-awareness in network functions (e.g., service-aware routing), distributing and networking compute resources, high-speed data planes, programmable control and management planes, resiliency and security of mobile edge clouds and networks. The outcomes of the workshop should levitate communication frameworks that have the ability to accommodate the expanding range of business models, applications and services, within future mobile networks.

The workshop will solicit papers that address aspects of the above areas; particularly, encouraging papers that address cross-layer research issues in any combination of these areas, bridging the gaps between network softwarization, virtualization and cloud/edge computing.

++ Topics of Interest ++

List of topics include (but not limited to):

* Inter-network resource management in future mobile networks

* Function and service allocation in mobile edge networks

* Compute and process distribution models in mobile edge networks

* Content distribution models in Mobile Edge Computing

* Application- and service-aware cloud models for mobile edge networks

* Algorithms and protocols to support the allocation of virtual resources

* Security challenges in Mobile Edge Computing

* Service abstraction and orchestration

* QoS and traffic engineering in mobile edge networks

* Prototype platforms and trial deployment experience

* Data storage and networking in application- and/or service-aware cloud

* Network Function Virtualization in mobile edge networks

* Management and orchestration across compute, storage and network resources in future mobile edge networks

* Service function chaining in mobile edge computing

* Content, function and result caching and replication in mobile edge networks

* Edge analytics

* QoE in mobile edge networks

* Access models for mobile edge networks

* Theoretical and experimental evaluations of mobile edge computing

* Self-organisation in mobile edge networks

* Edge computing for constrained mobile networks

* Slicing and multi-tenancy of mobile edge networks

* Inter-service communications in mobile edge networks

* Switching designs for the mobile network core to support new mobile edge architectures

Submission Instructions

Submission implies the willingness of at least one author to attend the workshop and present the paper. Accepted papers will be included in the ACM SIGCOMM conference proceedings. Workshop organizers reserve the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the workshop if the paper is not presented at the conference. Submitted papers should contain original material that have not be previously published, nor currently submitted for consideration elsewhere. All submissions should be written in English, with a maximum length limit of 6 printed pages, including all the figures, references and appendices. The ACM SIGCOMM LaTeX and Microsoft Word templates, as well as related information, can be found at the ACM SIG Proceedings website.

For formatting and submission instructions, please refer to the workshop's website.

++ Important Dates ++

Submission deadline March 23, 2017

Acceptance notification April 29, 2017

Camera ready deadline May 29, 2017

++ Authors Take Note ++

The official publication date is the date the proceedings are made available in the ACM Digital Library. This date may be up to TWO WEEKS prior to the first day of your conference. The official publication date affects the deadline for any patent filings related to published work.

++ Committees ++

-- Workshop Co-Chairs --

Jon Crowcroft, University of Cambridge, UK

Joe Mambretti, Northwestern University, US

George Pavlou, University College London, UK

George Polyzos, Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece

-- Organizing Committee --

Mays AL-Naday, University of Essex, UK

Konstantinos V. Katsaros, Intracom S.A. Telecom Solutions, Greece

Martin J Reed, University of Essex, UK

-- TPC Chairs --

Ioannis Psaras, University College London, UK

Kun Yang, University of Essex, UK

-- Technical Program Committee --

Mohammed AL-Khalidi, University of Essex, UK

Mays AL-Naday, University of Essex, UK

Carolina Canales, Ericsson Espana S.A., ES

Eduard Escalona, Fundacio Privada I2CAT, Internet Innovacio Digital A Catalunya, ES

Hamed Haddadi, Queen Mary University of London, UK

Toru Hasegawa, Osaka University, Japan

Konstantinos V. Katsaros, Intracom S.A. Telecom Solutions, Greece

Jiangchuan Liu, Simon Fraser University, US

Chathura Magurawalage, University of Essex, UK

Christos Papadopoulos, Colorado State University, US

Andrea Passarella, IIT - CNR, Italy

Ioannis Psaras, University College London, UK

K.K. Ramakrishnan, University of California, Riverside, US

Martin Reed, University of Essex, UK

Janne Riihijarvi, RWTH Aachen University, Germany

Stefan Schmid, Aalborg University, Denmark

Sakir Sezer, Queen's University Belfast, Ireland

Leandros Tassiulas, Yale University, US

Nikos Thomos, University of Essex, UK

Dirk Trossen, InterDigital Europe

Gareth Tyson, Queen Mary University of London, UK

Ning Wang, University of Surrey, UK

Ke XU, Tsinghua University, China

George Xylomenos, Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece