Subject: [gaia] The Next Three Billion Initiatives to Bring the Whole World Online

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 20:43:32 +0000

great talks ongoing live now:
https://www.newamerica.org/oti/events/next-three-billion/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz9YNJkh9R4

-- 
Arjuna Sathiaseelan
Personal: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/
N4D Lab: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/n4d

---

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 14:03:13 +0000

Any idea why this was muted by Google?
https://twitter.com/kiwibrew/status/829822348152877056

Regards

---

From: Ephraim Percy Kenyanito <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 20:58:09 +0300

Any other link to one which is not muted?

--

Best Regards,
*Ephraim Percy Kenyanito*
Legal Researcher/ Policy Analyst
Website: https://ephraimkenyanito.com/
Twitter: @ekenyanito <https://twitter.com/ekenyanito>
PGP Fingerprint: B0FA394AF73DEB7AA1FDC7360CFED26DE6BA8DC1

Ephraim Percy Kenyanito
about.me/ekenyanito
<https://about.me/ekenyanito?promo=email_sig&utm_source=email_sig&utm_medium=email_sig&utm_campaign=external_links>

On 10 February 2017 at 17:03, Arjuna Sathiaseelan <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> gaia mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/gaia
>

---

From: panayotis antoniadis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 19:37:32 +0100

Dear all,

By a strange coincidence, I recorded the presentations of 
Google/OneWeb/Facebook/Microsoft because I wanted to listen to them 
carefully later and catch some nice sentences like "In Facebook we all 
have a genuine passion to connect the world".

Unfortunately I stopped before the panel starts, because of a full 
memory warning that I was lazy to resolve since the video would remain 
online!

Perhaps the sensitive part was from the panel, but in any case, and for 
what is worth, you can find my recording here: 
http://diynetworking.net/temp/

(btw, is it now legal to share this link here? In any case, I will 
remove the corresponding file soon :-))

Best,

Panos.

P.S. I take the opportunity to share two recent articles that I wrote 
(related to this one kindly shared by Arjuna, 
http://theconversation.com/diy-networking-the-path-to-a-more-democratic-internet-67216) 
which focus more on the "local dimension" of community networks:

http://firstmonday.org/ojs/index.php/fm/article/view/7123/5661

https://theconversation.com/how-to-build-a-more-organic-internet-and-stand-up-to-corporations-70815

(I was very happy to see at the GAIA workshop in Cambridge that this 
aspect is relevant for this community as well)

---

From: Hervey Allen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 14:15:11 -0800

> http://diynetworking.net/temp/

Thank you. Very much appreciated.

Cheers,
	- Hervey Allen

-- 
Hervey Allen      Assistant Director, Network Startup Resource Center
[email-masked]   http://nsrc.org/ : http://facebook.com/nsrc.org
GPG Fingerprint:  AC08 31CB E453 6C65 2AB3 4EDB CEEB 5A74 C6E5 624F