Subject: [gaia] GAIA related vacancy

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2017 14:25:00 +0100

All,
  we have a full time vacancy for a RA with some solid systems skills
(international candidates welcome) at
Cambridge:http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/13383/

If anyone is looking for a short term contract and if you are
interested, please do send me an email..

regards

________________________________

Research Assistant £25,298 - £29,301 or Research Associate £29,301 - £38,183

Fixed-term: The funds for this post are available until 31 January 2018.

A full time Research Assistant/Research Associate position is
available in the Computer Laboratory at the University of Cambridge to
work on the EU H2020 RIFE (aRchitecture for an Internet For Everybody)
project. The project will explore the fundamental challenges of
enabling universal Internet access and specifically explore innovative
solutions using Information Centric Networking to address mobility as
well reducing cost of Internet access.

Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, system architecture
design and implementation, performance evaluation,
paper/proposal/document/report writing, and presentation of research
findings.

The successful candidate must have:

A first degree in the areas of Computer Science, Engineering or a
related discipline. A PhD (or close to submitting their thesis)
relevant to the research area or equivalent qualifications is
desirable but not essential.

Demonstrated research competence through high-quality and high-impact
publications in top conferences and journals is desirable.

The candidates should demonstrate strong systems skills in one or more
of the following: Linux kernel programming, Click Modular Router
platform, ns-3. Prior experience building testbeds and/or real-world
deployments are considered a major plus.

Excellent understanding of networked systems especially in the area of
Quality of Service, Radio Resource Management are considered
essential.

This position can be filled by an appropriate candidate at research
assistant or research associate level, depending on relevant
qualifications and experience. Appointment at research associate level
is dependent on having a PhD (or equivalent experience). Where a PhD
has yet to be awarded appointment will initially be made as a research
assistant and amended to research associate when the PhD is awarded.

The expected start date will be June 2017.

Interested applicants are encouraged to make informal enquiries about
the post to Arjuna Sathiaseelan: [email-masked]

-- 
Arjuna Sathiaseelan
Personal: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/
N4D Lab: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/n4d