Subject: [gaia] Second Community Network Summit - Africa - May

From: Jane Coffin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2017 12:33:39 +0000

Hi All,

See the note below from my colleague Michuki Mwangi!

The Registration for the 2nd Summit on Community Networks in Africa is now open.

You can visit the same link below or for a more direct path - https://www.internetsociety.org/form/community-network 

Kindly share with the relevant networks/communities.

Thanks and regards,

Michuki.

Internet Society | www.internetsociety.org

Skype:  janercoffin

Mobile/WhatsApp:  +1.202.247.8429

On 4/4/17, 9:25 AM, "gaia on behalf of Arjuna Sathiaseelan" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

    All,
      we have a full time vacancy for a RA with some solid systems skills
    (international candidates welcome) at
    Cambridge:http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/13383/
    
    If anyone is looking for a short term contract and if you are
    interested, please do send me an email..
    
    regards

    ________________________________
    
    Research Assistant £25,298 - £29,301 or Research Associate £29,301 - £38,183
    
    Fixed-term: The funds for this post are available until 31 January 2018.
    
    A full time Research Assistant/Research Associate position is
    available in the Computer Laboratory at the University of Cambridge to
    work on the EU H2020 RIFE (aRchitecture for an Internet For Everybody)
    project. The project will explore the fundamental challenges of
    enabling universal Internet access and specifically explore innovative
    solutions using Information Centric Networking to address mobility as
    well reducing cost of Internet access.
    
    Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, system architecture
    design and implementation, performance evaluation,
    paper/proposal/document/report writing, and presentation of research
    findings.
    
    The successful candidate must have:
    
    A first degree in the areas of Computer Science, Engineering or a
    related discipline. A PhD (or close to submitting their thesis)
    relevant to the research area or equivalent qualifications is
    desirable but not essential.
    
    Demonstrated research competence through high-quality and high-impact
    publications in top conferences and journals is desirable.
    
    The candidates should demonstrate strong systems skills in one or more
    of the following: Linux kernel programming, Click Modular Router
    platform, ns-3. Prior experience building testbeds and/or real-world
    deployments are considered a major plus.
    
    Excellent understanding of networked systems especially in the area of
    Quality of Service, Radio Resource Management are considered
    essential.
    
    This position can be filled by an appropriate candidate at research
    assistant or research associate level, depending on relevant
    qualifications and experience. Appointment at research associate level
    is dependent on having a PhD (or equivalent experience). Where a PhD
    has yet to be awarded appointment will initially be made as a research
    assistant and amended to research associate when the PhD is awarded.
    
    The expected start date will be June 2017.
    
    Interested applicants are encouraged to make informal enquiries about
    the post to Arjuna Sathiaseelan: [email-masked]

    -- 
    Arjuna Sathiaseelan
    Personal: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/
    N4D Lab: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/n4d
    
    _______________________________________________
    gaia mailing list
    [email-masked]
    https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/gaia