Subject: [gaia] Fwd: ISIF grants and award close 30 August

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 13:49:59 +0100

would be of interest.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sylvia Cadena <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 July 2017 at 00:24
Subject: ISIF grants and award close 30 August
To: Kurtis Heimerl <[email-masked]>, Arjuna Sathiaseelan <
[email-masked]>, Kashif Ali <[email-masked]>, David Johnson
<[email-masked]>, Leandro Navarro <[email-masked]>, Marco Zennaro <
[email-masked]>, Mustafa Naseem <[email-masked]>, Amreesh
Phokeer <[email-masked]>, Senka Hadzic <[email-masked]>,
Alison Gillwald <[email-masked]>, Chenai Chair <
[email-masked]>, Melissa Densmore <
[email-masked]>, Aaditeshwar Seth <[email-masked]>,
Nic Bidwell <[email-masked]>, Shaddi Hasan <[email-masked]>, Bill
Tucker <[email-masked]>, Carlos Rey-Moreno <[email-masked]>,
Naveed Haq <[email-masked]>

Hi again,

Just in case you have not seen this and you are interested to apply
(community wireless is very much welcome on all categories) and/or to share
this among your network of contacts in the Asia Pacific.

If you have any specific organizations/groups that you would like me to
contact to encourage them to apply of follow-up regarding ideas/eligibility
please let me know.

Many of the groups that Carlos mentioned on his previous message have
received grants from us in the past (intERlab for their Dumbo mesh network
and the educational server – Kanchana; AirJaldi, for their software
development – Michael; NepalWireless for their TVWS hybrid network –
Mahabir; and others).

Warm regards,

Sylvia

————

** ISIF Asia call for grants proposals and award nominations is open until
30 August (midnight UTC) www.isif.asia - Get started and submit your
application! **

Sylvia Cadena | [email-masked] | APNIC Foundation - Head of Programs |
+10 GMT Brisbane, Australia | http://www.apnic.foundation

*From: *APNIC-No-Reply <[email-masked]>
*Date: *Wednesday, 21 June 2017 at 3:06 pm
*To: *"[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
*Subject: *Apply now for an ISIF Asia Grant and Award for 2017

Email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser
<http://info.apnic.net/webmail/229772/28476997/7e113643d641cad69288d2208e3af4ef8c2b2d9d84e8db56e95227e933ab071e>
.

*[image:
ttp://info.apnic.net/l/229772/2017-06-08/ggmx/229772/16651/ISIF_pardot_banner_01.jpg]*
ISIF Asia 2017 Grants and Award applications now open

Applications for the 2017 ISIF Asia Grants and Award are now open. Through
an open and competitive process, AUD 145,000 is available across three
grant categories, and AUD 10,000 for one award, for projects that support
the development of the Internet and highlight its social and economic
impact in the Asia Pacific.

Applications are open from today until 30 August 2017.
2017 Grants *I*
<http://info.apnic.net/e/229772/et-operations-research-grants-/h216/28476997>*nternet
Operations Research Grants *
<http://info.apnic.net/e/229772/et-operations-research-grants-/h218/28476997>

These grants support the development of an independent Internet research
community whose work can improve the availability, reliability, and
security of the Internet in the Asia Pacific region, and widen its
coverage, applications and benefit to the community.

Applicants can apply for an amount between AUD 5,000 and AUD 45,000 based
on their research needs, a realistic timeframe and a detailed budget. For
2017, the total amount available to support research is AUD 85,000. The
grants are open to *research focused on Internet operations, infrastructure
and related protocols, such as network measurement and analysis; IPv6; BGP
routing; network security as well as peering and interconnection*.

Apply now
<http://info.apnic.net/e/229772/-projects-apply-grant-research/h1zg/28476997>

Cybersecurity Grants
<http://info.apnic.net/e/229772/cybersecurity-grants-/h21b/28476997>

These grants support projects focusing on practical solutions
around network resiliency and security. Applicants can apply for up to AUD
30,000 based on a project proposal that includes a realistic timeframe and
a detailed budget. For 2017, the total grant availability in the
cybersecurity category will be AUD 30,000. The grants are open to all
relevant topics of interest around network resiliency and security, focused
on one or more of the following areas: *naming, routing, measurement,
traffic management, confidential communications, data security and
integrity, security of IoT devices and applications, security of critical
infrastructure such as energy grids, end-user device security and building
security resilience in your local community.*

Apply now
<http://info.apnic.net/e/229772/ects-apply-grant-cybersecurity/h1zl/28476997>

I <http://info.apnic.net/e/229772/community-impact-grants-/h21d/28476997>nternet
for Development Grant
<http://info.apnic.net/e/229772/nternet-for-development-grant-/h21g/28476997>

This grant supports the scaling-up of an innovative Internet-based solution
to development issues. Innovation and a development focus must be an
integral part of the project proposal. One grant of AUD 30,000 will be
allocated. Applications areas such as *women and girls in IT, diversity and
inclusion, access provision, utility services, devices, IoT, IPv6, privacy,
democracy enhancement, open data, economic empowerment, poverty
alleviation, health and education* will be considered by the Selection
Committee.

Apply now
<http://info.apnic.net/e/229772/-projects-apply-grant-internet/h1zq/28476997>
2017 Internet for Development Award
<http://info.apnic.net/e/229772/about-awards-/h1zs/28476997>

The 2017 award winner will receive an AUD 5,000 cash prize plus a travel
grant to attend the Internet Governance Forum 2017, in Geneva, Switzerland.
The 2017 theme of 'Internet for development'  is intended to cast a wide
net to capture truly innovative approaches to development issues.
Applications areas such as *women and girls in IT, diversity and inclusion,
access provision, utility services, devices, IoT, IPv6, privacy, democracy
enhancement, open data, economic empowerment, poverty alleviation, health
and education* will be considered by the Selection Committee.

Apply now
<http://info.apnic.net/e/229772/projects-projects-add/h1zv/28476997>
More information

For more information about key dates and how to apply, please visit the ISIF
Asia website. <http://info.apnic.net/e/229772/2017-06-21/h1zx/28476997>

Before you submit your application, please read the ISIF Asia Frequently
Asked Questions <http://info.apnic.net/e/229772/faq-/h21j/28476997>,
<http://info.apnic.net/e/229772/faq/h21l/28476997> Guidelines and Tips for
Applicants
<http://info.apnic.net/e/229772/or-applicants-guidelines-tips-/h21n/28476997>
and Selection Criteria
<http://info.apnic.net/e/229772/selection-criteria/h21q/28476997>.

You have received this email because you are an ISIF Asia contact.
Update your contact details here
<http://info.apnic.net/e/229772/l-229772-2017-06-09-ggq8/h214/28476997>.
Unsubscribe
<http://info.apnic.net/emailPreference/e/229772/291/7e113643d641cad69288d2208e3af4ef8c2b2d9d84e8db56e95227e933ab071e/28476997>
from
subsequent ISIF Asia emails.
Contact [email-masked] for help.

-- 
Arjuna Sathiaseelan
Personal: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/
N4D Lab: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/n4d