Subject: [gaia] UCT Computer Science Hiring Lecturer/Senior Lecturer

From: Melissa Densmore <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 13:09:44 +0200

The Department of Computer Science <http://www.cs.uct.ac.za> seeks to fill
a permanent academic position at Lecturer or Senior Lecturer level. Our BSc
Honours degree is accredited by the British Computer Society and we have a
large cohort of MSc and PhD students. The Department hosts the UCT Centre
in ICT for Development <http://ict4d.cs.uct.ac.za>, and also specialises in
visual computing, high-performance computing, digital libraries and
artificial intelligence.

A minimum requirement will be a PhD degree in Computer Science or a
relevant area. Exceptional candidates with an MSc degree will be considered
at Lecturer level and will be expected to register for a PhD. Applicants
should provide clear information about their research and teaching
experience, as this will also influence the level of appointment.
The successful candidate will be expected to develop and teach Computer
Science courses, to carry out research, to contribute to departmental
administration and to supervise postgraduate students.

The annual remuneration packages for 2018, including benefits, are as
follows:
Lecturer: R639 848
Senior Lecturer: R786 717

An allowance for scarce skills will be offered.

To apply, please e-mail the following documents in a single pdf file
clearly indicating the level you are applying for, to Ms Tracy Moore at
[email-masked]
- Application Form <http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc> (download at
http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc)
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A teaching statement
- A research statement

Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject
line.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be
regarded as incomplete.

Telephone: 021 650 3003 Website: www.cs.uct.ac.za
Reference number: *E18106* Closing date: 16 February 2018

UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress
achieving its equity targets. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at
http://www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf.

UCT reserves the right not to appoint.