Subject: [gaia] Fwd: ACM COMPASS 2018 Updates: Submission site, Associate Chairs, PC

From: Lakshminarayanan Subramanian <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2018 09:05:39 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lakshminarayanan Subramanian <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 6:25 AM
Subject: ACM COMPASS 2018 Updates: Submission site, Associate Chairs, PC
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

Dear All,

The First ACM SIGCAS Conference on Computing and Sustainable Societies (ACM
COMPASS) is excited to announce the list of associate chairs for the
different tracks:

SYSTEMS:

Nick Feamster, Princeton University

Ellen Zegura,  Georgia Tech

HCI:

Ed Cutrell,  Microsoft Research

Tapan Parikh,  Cornell Tech

DATA SCIENCE/AI:

Stefano Ermon,  Stanford University

Lakshmi Subramanian,  New York University

APPLICATIONS:

Richard Anderson,  University of Washington

Bistra Dilkina,  University of Southern California

The HotCRP submission site is now live:

https://compass2018.cs.washington.edu/submit/

We are excited to announce a strong and diverse PC of 100+ accomplished
researchers covering different sub-fields. We are expecting a few more
additions to the PC. The PC is online at:

https://acmcompass.org/committee/

The first deadline for the 2018 conference is soon on Jan 12, 2018 and the
second deadline is on Feb 16, 2018. The conference will move towards a
rolling deadline model beyond these two deadlines.

We wish to emphasize that the new conference has an expanded focus to
explicitly welcome work on all under-represented and/or marginalized
communities worldwide and to include work on sustainability, gender
equality, health, education, poverty, accessibility, conservation, climate
change, and economic growth, among others.

We are looking forward to your submissions.

thank you,

Richard, Ellen and Lakshmi