Subject: [gaia] Special Issue on IoT in developing countries

From: Marco Zennaro <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 11:42:49 +0200

EAI Endorsed Transactions on Internet of Things

SPECIAL ISSUE ON: IoT in developing countries

IMPORTANT DATES
Manuscript submission deadline: April 30th, 2018
Notification of acceptance: June 15th, 2018
Submission of final revised paper: July 1st, 2018
Publication of special issue (tentative): August 1st, 2018

The prospect of IoT in developing countries is huge, ranging from agriculture to smart
city applications. This special issue targets the use of IoT and its related technologies
(e.g. fog computing, data analytics, green computing, smart grid etc.) in developing
countries. Building innovative solutions and services based on cutting edge technologies
is very challenging in developing countries for several reasons. The limited IT
infrastructure and Internet penetration are two of the key hindering barriers.
We are therefore seeking original, previously unpublished papers empirically addressing
key issues and challenges related with the use of IoT for the emerging sectors in the
developing countries. We are interested in current works of researchers and practitioners
from academia and industry aiming to benefit the developing world from the
technologies’ advances despite the existing limitations.

When the paper is ready for submission, authors should go to https://escripts.eai.eu/home,
select “Internet of Things”, find their special issue and upload their manuscript.

More info: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IV8AzaCdJd8dPHPd7FVEpSIAyZmBXsMh/view

Thanks!
Marco

Marco Zennaro, PhD // Research Officer // T/ICT4D Lab // ICTP // wireless.ictp.it