Subject: [gaia] Jangala

From: Steve Song <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2018 10:25:47 -0400

Hi all,

Some of you may be familiar with Richard Thanki's excellent work on the
economic value of unlicensed spectrum.  In case not, I include a couple of
links below.

I recently discovered he is putting his money where his pen is with a new
WiFi-based initiative called Jangala aimed at humanitarian relief.  Knowing
Richard, it is bound to be interesting.  You can find out more at
https://janga.la/

Cheers... Steve Song

The economic value generated by current and future allocations of
unlicensed spectrum (2009)
https://ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/7020039036.pdf

The Economic Significance of Licence-Exempt Spectrum to the Future of the
Internet (2012)
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/spectrum-economic-significance-of-license-exempt-spectrum-report_thanki.pdf

--
+1 902 529 0046
[email-masked]
http://nsrc.org