Subject: [gaia] Invitation to participate in IEEE-SA workstreams 'Affordability' and 'Accessibility'

From: Sarbani Banerjee Belur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 13:12:21 +0530

Dear All,

This is to inform you that IEEE Standards Association has recently 
formed two workstreams 'Affordability' and 'Accessibility' as part of 
the Industry Connections (IC) Digital Inclusion through Trust and Agency 
(DITA). Details of this program can be looked at in this weblink 
http://standards.ieee.org/develop/indconn/digital_inclusion/.

This is a unique platform where technologists,academics, and industry 
executives come together to build consensus and develop a framework 
towards solutions that facilitate digital inclusion,trust, personal data 
agency and security for all members of the global community.As you and 
your organization have been working in the area of rural connectivity or 
developing products and services, your participation in the DITA 
workstreams 'Affordability' and 'Accessibility' will enrich this 
initiative greatly. DITA is being chaired by Dr. Greg Adamson and the 
Affordability and Accessibility workstreams within DITA are led by Dr. 
Sarbani Banerjee Belur, Gram Marg, IIT Bombay.

The main objective of the DITA program is to identify and create 
consensus throughout technologies that have potential to alter policy 
and business landscape, with particular focus on disruptive innovation.

In case you are willing to participate in the program, please send in 
your approval via a mail to Munir Mohammed (m.mohammed)@ieee.org 
<mailto:[email-masked]>). We shall get back to you with details 
regarding the program and details about the workstreams.

Looking forward to your participation.
Thanks

Dr. Sarbani Banerjee Belur

Workstream Lead, IEEE-SA DITA IC Program

-- 
Dr. Sarbani Banerjee Belur
Senior Project Research Scientist
Program Manager
Gram Marg: Rural Broadband Project
Department of Electrical Engineering
IIT Bombay
Powai
Mumbai 400076
Mob: +91 9867282979
      +91 7045620077
Website:www.grammarg.in
Homepage:http://homepages.iitb.ac.in/~sarbanibelur/
Blog: sarbanibelur.blogspot.com