Subject: [gaia] Fwd: [lacnog] Extension - Call for Presentations - LACNOG 2018

From: Nathalia Sautchuk Patrício <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2018 15:13:29 -0300

Proponents from other regions are welcome.

Regards
---
Nathalia Sautchuk Patrício
http://www.nathalia.patricio.eng.br

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tomas Lynch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 11:08 PM
Subject: [lacnog] Extension - Call for Presentations - LACNOG 2018
To: [email-masked]

Call Extension
--------------
Reception of proposals is extended until July 9, 2018 before 23h59 UTC-3
(Montevideo, UY time). Please check the new time plan.

Call for Presentations - LACNOG 2018
====================================
http://www.lacnog.org/en/events/lacnog2018/

LACNOG, the Latin American and Caribbean Network Operators Group, will be
holding its annual conference - LACNOG 2018 - in the city of Rosario,
Argentina, between September 24 and 28, 2018. This event will be co-hosted
with the LACNIC30 meeting.

The LACNOG 2018 Program Committee invites the Internet community to submit
their proposals for the event.

In the spirit of LACNOG, the topics to be covered by the proposals should
be oriented towards regional Internet development. The topics of interest
to LACNOG 2018 include, but are not limited, to:

        * Network operation and professional experiences, success stories
        * IP network architecture, sizing, configuration and administration
        * Routing and switching protocols, including unicast, multicast,
anycast, SDN, and others
        * End-user applications (e.g. E-mail, HTTP, DNS, NFVs, etc.)
        * Value-added services such as VPNs, distributed systems, cloud
computing, etc.
        * Peering, regional traffic exchange, IXPs
        * Transition to IPv6 and IPv6 Deployment
        * Network security and data management, attack mitigation
        * Network monitoring, performance, measurements and telemetry
        * Network automation, evolution and convergence
        * Infrastructure and physical transport including optical and
wireless networks
        * Internet governance issues, legislation and regulations
        * Research and education

Possible proposal exposition formats are the following:

        * Lightning talk: short, 10-minute exposition with an additional 5
minutes for questions.
        * Presentation: 20-minute exposition with an additional 10 minutes
for questions.
        * Tutorial: 45-minute exposition with an additional 15 minutes for
questions.

Presentations must be submitted according to the following schedule:

        * Reception of proposals: June 4 to July 9, 2018
        * Last day of reception: July 9, 2018 before 23h59 UTC-3
(Montevideo, UY time)
        * Program Committee evaluation: July 9 to 15, 2018
        * Evaluation announcement: July 16, 2018
        * Submission of the final presentation: July 23 to September 3,
2018 before 23h59 UTC-3 (Montevideo, UY time)
        * Last day for submission: September 3, 2018
        * Event: September 24 to 28, 2018

If you wish to participate, you must submit a short biography, photograph,
abstract and draft of your proposal to http://www.lacnog.org/en/event
s/lacnog2018/call-for-presentations-lacnog-2018/. In the case that your
proposal is selected, you authorize LACNOG and LACNIC to publish your name,
picture, biography, and final work in the event agenda.

The acceptance of your proposal exempts you from the event registration
fees but does not automatically grant any monetary support either for
traveling or accomodations. However, presenters may apply for a LACNIC
sponsorship independently.

Presenters at the LACNOG 2018 conference will receive a certificate
attesting their participation.

For more information, http://www.lacnog.org/en/guide
lines-for-submitting-a-presentation-for-lacnog/

Tomás Lynch
Program Committee co-chair
_______________________________________________
LACNOG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mail.lacnic.net/mailman/listinfo/lacnog
Cancelar suscripcion: https://mail.lacnic.net/mailman/options/lacnog