Subject: [gaia] FW: [103all] IETF 103 - Remote Participation Information

From: Jane Coffin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2018 05:50:52 +0000

Hi All -

Below please find remote participation info for the upcoming IETF 103 meeting!
Spread the word to your colleagues.
And, do note that there are listening hubs being set up in some countries through some of our ISOC Chapters, particularly in Africa and LAC.  Let us know if you would like to know where.

Best,
Jane/Leandro

Internet Society | www.internetsociety.org

Skype:  janercoffin

Mobile/WhatsApp:  +1.202.247.8429

On 11/1/18, 8:08 AM, "103all on behalf of IETF Secretariat" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

    Can't make it to Bangkok? Participate remotely! The IETF offers a number 
    of ways for remote attendees to audit or even contribute to IETF 
    sessions throughout the meeting week.
    
    First, register for the meeting. There is no cost to register as a 
    remote attendee, and by registering you will insure that you receive 
    important updates on agenda changes and other things of interest to 
    meeting attendees. Please register here: 
    <https://www.ietf.org/registration/ietf103/remotereg.py>
    
    General remote participation information can be found here: 
    <https://ietf.org/how/meetings/103/remote/>. Below is a breakdown of 
    some of the main services available. 
    
    1) Meetecho 
    The Meetecho platform provides a synchronized view of the audio/video 
    stream from the meeting room, which includes slides being presented and 
    the presenter, as well as official IETF Jabber room. Meetecho will be 
    supporting all eight of the working session tracks, as well as the 
    Sunday tutorials, Host Speaker Series, and IETF Plenary. If you have a 
    comment or a question, Meetecho enables you to ask it even if you are 
    not in the room. For more information on how to join a Meetecho session, 
    or to watch a recording after the session has concluded, see here: 
    <http://ietf103.conf.meetecho.com/>. To report issues with Meetecho, 
    please send email to [email-masked].
    
    2) Audio Stream
    If you only want to listen to the sessions, the audio stream is a good 
    choice. All working sessions are streamed; links to the streams are 
    available from the agenda, here: 
    <https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/103/agenda>. To report issues with 
    audio levels, please send email to [email-masked].
    
    3) Jabber Rooms
    All IETF meeting sessions have a corresponding Jabber room. See here for 
    link to the meeting agenda with corresponding Jabber rooms: 
    <https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/103/agenda>. Whenever possible, an 
    in-room volunteer monitors the Jabber room; this volunteer will stand at 
    the microphone for remote attendees and relay their questions into the 
    meeting room microphone so that people in the room can respond. More 
    information on the IETF Jabber service is available here: 
    <https://ietf.org/how/meetings/jabber/>.
    
    4) Mailing Lists
    The [email-masked] is for general discussion of things happening 
    at the meeting; join the list if you want to hear about Bangkok 
    restaurants and other topics of interest to those who are physically 
    present at the meeting. Subscribe to 103attendees here: 
    <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/103attendees>. 
    
    The [email-masked] list is for important announcements only and is not 
    a discussion list. You automatically subscribed when you register as a 
    remote participant. Being on 103all is essential if you want to hear 
    about changes to meeting agenda or other important announcements. 
    Subscribe to 103all here: 
    <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/103all>.
    
    5) Live video of several sessions, including the IETF Plenary and the 
    IRTF Open Meeting, will be streamed live on YouTube. See 
    <https://www.ietf.org/live/> for more information.
    
    After the meeting we will be sending a survey to all remote participants 
    to get feedback on their experience; if you participate remotely, we’d 
    love to hear from you! And don’t forget to follow @ietf on Twitter!
    
    Only 2 days until the Bangkok IETF!
    
    -- 
    103all mailing list
    [email-masked]
    https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/103all