Subject: [gaia] Fwd: Out now! A4AI 2018 Affordability Report

From: Sonia Jorge <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 08:20:27 -0400

Hi All,

Here is the report I mentioned earlier.  Hope it is useful to many of you.

Best,

Sonia Jorge
Executive Director, Alliance for Affordable Internet
Head of Digital Inclusion Program, Web Foundation
a4ai.org Twitter: @A4A_internet

+1-617-905-7819 (USA)
PGP: 8B995609B48715A3

*World Wide Web Foundation | **1110 Vermont Ave NW, Suite 500, Washington
DC 20005, USA | **www.webfoundation.org* <http://www.webfoundation.org/>
* | Twitter: @webfoundation*

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Alliance for Affordable Internet <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 7:15 AM
Subject: Out now! A4AI 2018 Affordability Report
To: *|FNAME|* <[email-masked]>

The 2018 Affordability Report, launched today, looks at where we are on the
road to affordable access policy around the world. 🌍
<https://a4ai.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=140b64295484059aa7f2d5fc9&id=10bba28a20&e=754717ca39>
<https://a4ai.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=140b64295484059aa7f2d5fc9&id=ebaaf16a3e&e=754717ca39>

*Over 2 billion people live in countries with unaffordable internet.*

*Where are we on the road to advancing affordable access for all? *
EXPLORE THE REPORT
<https://a4ai.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=140b64295484059aa7f2d5fc9&id=1ccdefc060&e=754717ca39>

We're excited to share with you the 2018 Affordability Report
<https://a4ai.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=140b64295484059aa7f2d5fc9&id=079f8cd138&e=754717ca39>
— the newest and fifth edition of A4AI’s annual study of the state of
policy to further internet access and affordability for all.

The 2018 Affordability Report
<https://a4ai.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=140b64295484059aa7f2d5fc9&id=9c06f17b58&e=754717ca39>
examines the policy progress made to enable more affordable internet access
across 61 low- and middle-income countries, with a look at how policies
have changed over the past five years of Affordability Report research —
and where policymakers need to focus their attention most. The report also
takes an in-depth look at how geography impacts the cost of internet
access, and specifically how it affects the prices paid by industry and, in
turn, by consumers.

Which countries are leading the way when it comes to putting these policies
into practice? Which policies have had the greatest impact on affordable
access? And what steps must we take to ensure that the cost to connect is
no longer a barrier for billions around the world?
READ THE REPORT & EXPLORE THE DATA
<https://a4ai.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=140b64295484059aa7f2d5fc9&id=f471838356&e=754717ca39>
For press inquiries, please contact [email-masked].
<[email-masked]>
<https://a4ai.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=140b64295484059aa7f2d5fc9&id=ea8f6030c2&e=754717ca39>
Tweet
<https://a4ai.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=140b64295484059aa7f2d5fc9&id=7bf914501f&e=754717ca39>
<http://us3.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=140b64295484059aa7f2d5fc9&id=e187777640&e=754717ca39>
Forward
<http://us3.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=140b64295484059aa7f2d5fc9&id=e187777640&e=754717ca39>
<https://a4ai.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=140b64295484059aa7f2d5fc9&id=1d787ded41&e=754717ca39>
Share
<https://a4ai.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=140b64295484059aa7f2d5fc9&id=e64abfb2df&e=754717ca39>
*About A4AI*

The Alliance for Affordable Internet (A4AI) is a global coalition of public
sector, private sector, and civil society organisations working to advance
the shared mission of affordable internet access for all.

CC BY, 2018 World Wide Web Foundation

World Wide Web Foundation
1110 Vermont Ave. NW, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20005

unsubscribe
<https://a4ai.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=140b64295484059aa7f2d5fc9&id=221dea63be&e=754717ca39>
 |  update preferences
<https://a4ai.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=140b64295484059aa7f2d5fc9&id=e285aab9b1&e=754717ca39>
 | visit a4ai.org
<https://a4ai.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=140b64295484059aa7f2d5fc9&id=3f9bb18355&e=754717ca39>

This email was sent to [email-masked]
*why did I get this?*
<https://a4ai.us3.list-manage.com/about?u=140b64295484059aa7f2d5fc9&id=d532f0a389&e=754717ca39&c=e187777640>
    unsubscribe from this list
<https://a4ai.us3.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=140b64295484059aa7f2d5fc9&id=d532f0a389&e=754717ca39&c=e187777640>
    update subscription preferences
<https://a4ai.us3.list-manage.com/profile?u=140b64295484059aa7f2d5fc9&id=d532f0a389&e=754717ca39>
Alliance for Affordable Internet · 1110 Vermont Ave NW, Suite 500 ·
Washington, DC 20005 · USA