Subject: [gaia] IEEE WoWMoM 2019 (EXTENDED DEADLINE 6th Jan 2019): call for papers

From: Andrea Passarella <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 14:44:35 +0100

-------------------------------------------------------------- 
IEEE WoWMoM 2019  
Call for Papers  
9-12 June 2019, Washington DC, USA  
http://cs.ucf.edu/wowmom2019/  
--------------------------------------------------------------  

------------------------------------------------------------------------  

**** SUBMISSION DEADLINE (ext): JANUARY 6th, 2019 *******  

------------------------------------------------------------------------  

WoWMoM is a CORE "A" ranked conference  
http://portal.core.edu.au/conf-ranks/  

------------------------------------------------------------------------  

CALL FOR PAPERS  
SCOPE AND OVERVIEW  
IEEE WoWMoM 2019 is soliciting original and previously unpublished papers  
addressing research challenges and advances in the areas of wireless, mobile,  
and multimedia networking as well as ubiquitous and pervasive systems. The  
evolution of wireless networking technologies and their key role in future  
Internet scenarios offer an increasing wealth of opportunities for distributing  
multimedia content. To provide users with high quality of experience, especially  
under moderate to high utilization, appropriate architectural networking  
paradigms are necessary. At the same time, Internet of Things environments,  
wearable computing and sensors, support a diverse range of domains and services,  
providing rich sets of measurements for characterizing, detecting, and  
understanding complex behaviours and systems. These are some of the challenges  
that are of interest to IEEE WoWMoM 2019. The IEEE WoWMoM 2019 conference takes  
a broader view and seeks papers describing innovative research contributions to  
the field of mobile and wireless networking in general.  

Papers that present original work, validated by experimentation, simulation, or  
analysis, are solicited. Practical experiences and experimental efforts from  
both industry and academia, duly documenting the lessons learned from testbeds,  
field-trials, or real deployments, are also welcome.  

Specific areas of interest:  
- Ad-hoc, sensor, mesh and vehicular wireless networks  
- Content-centric architectures for wireless, mobile and multimedia networks  
- Context-awareness in wireless, mobile and multimedia networks  
- Cognitive communications and networking  
- Dependability and survivability issues for wireless, mobile  
and multimedia networks  
- Energy-efficiency for wireless, mobile and multimedia networks  
- Internet/Web of Things  
- Localisation, tracking, and mobility management and services  
- Middleware services for wireless, mobile and multimedia networks  
- Mobile applications and services over 5G networks  
- Mobile big data networking and services  
- Mobile cloud computing  
- Mobile edge computing  
- Mobile health networking  
- Mobile network traffic characterization and measurements  
- Mobile social networks  
- Modelling, analysis, and performance evaluation of wireless,  
mobile and multimedia networks  
- Network virtualisation and software-defined wireless networks  
- Opportunistic and delay-tolerant networks  
- Participatory, mobile and urban sensing  
- Resource management for QoS/QoE provisioning  
- RFID, NFC, and Machine-to-machine (M2M) communications  
- Satellite and space networking  
- Seamless inter-networking and self-organisation  
- Security, trust and privacy issues for wireless, mobile and multimedia networks  
- System prototypes, measurements, real-world deployment, and experiences  
- Underwater wireless, mobile and multimedia networks  
- Virtual mobile infrastructure  
- Wireless BAN, PAN, LAN, MAN and WAN  
- Wireless multimedia systems, services and applications  
- Wearable Computing  

PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION  
All submissions must describe original research, not published or currently  
under review for another workshop, conference, or journal.  
Papers must be submitted electronically through EDAS.  
Please refer to the conference website for the detailed submissions  
instructions, including the type of papers that can be submitted.  

ACCEPTED PAPERS  
For accepted papers, attendance and presentation by one of the authors is  
mandatory. Submission implies the willingness of at least one author to attend  
the conference and present the paper. Accepted papers will be included in the  
proceedings of IEEE WoWMoM 2019 and submitted for publication to IEEE Xplore.  
All conference proceedings must meet IEEE's quality standards, and IEEE reserves  
the right not to publish any proceedings that do not meet these standards.  
WoWMoM organizers reserve the right to exclude a paper from distribution after  
the conference (e.g., removal from IEEE Xplore) if the paper is not presented at  
the conference for unjustified reasons.  

EDITORIAL FOLLOW-UPS  
Selected Papers will be considered for a special issue of the Elsevier journal  
of Pervasive and Mobile Computing (PMC).  

IMPORTANT DATES  
Abstract submission (ext): January 6th, 2019  
Full manuscript due (ext): January 6th, 2019  
Acceptance notification: March 15, 2019  
Camera-Ready version due: Mid April, 2019  
Conference Dates: 9-12 June, 2019  

For any additional information feel free to contact the PC chairs at  
[email-masked] and [email-masked]