Subject: [gaia] Special Issue on IoT for Development (IoT4D)

From: Marco Zennaro <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2018 09:19:15 +0100

Dear GAIA members,

The journal Future Internet (ISSN 1999-5903, indexed in EI Compendex,
Scopus, ESCI) is currently running a Special Issue entitled "IoT for
Development (IoT4D)".

This Special Issue aims to present a collection of exciting papers that
will report the most recent advances in IoT technology for applications
in developing countries. Example topics of interest include the following:

    use of IoT in intermittent networks
    lessons learned from IoT deployments in developing countries
    IoT and community networks
    DTN applications for IoT
    low power IoT solutions
    performance of IoT wireless networks in rough environments
    ethical issues in IoT4D
    edge computing applied to IoT in developing countries
    IoT and SDGs
    Localization and context-adaptive Internet of Things
    Fog/Edge Caching techniques for IoT
    Design principals and best practices for IoT application development

For further reading, please follow the link to the Special Issue:

http://www.mdpi.com/journal/futureinternet/special_issues/IoT4D.

The submission deadline is 15 February 2019. You may send your
manuscript now or up until the deadline. Submitted papers should not
be under consideration for publication elsewhere. We also encourage
authors to send a short abstract or tentative title to the Editorial
Office in advance to [email-masked] or [email-masked].

Future Internet (ISSN 1999-5903) is a scholarly open access journal on
Internet technologies and the information society, published monthly
online by MDPI. It has been indexed by Ei Compendex, Scopus and the
Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI).

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best,
Marco

Marco Zennaro, PhD // Research Officer // T/ICT4D Lab // ICTP // wireless.ictp.it