Subject: [gaia] Our People-Centered Digital Future | Right now via webcast!

From: Yosem Companys <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 10:54:03 -0800

Today is the "Our People-Centered Digital Future" sponsored by Constellation
Research <https://www.constellationr.com/about>.

By March 2019, 50% of the world will be connected to the Internet, an
inflection point that marks an important moment for examining the
“unfinished work” of the Internet and discussing the community norms, human
rights and social contracts required in this exponential digital era.

The event recognizes both the 70th Anniversary of the Universal Declaration
of Human Rights
<http://www.unesco.org/new/en/brasilia/about-this-office/prizes-and-celebrations/70-years-of-the-universal-declaration-of-human-rights/>
(UDHR),
the event also recognizes the 50th anniversary of the "Mother of All Demos
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mother_of_All_Demos>."

The event is well underway. Internet co-inventor Vint Cerf and Web inventor
Sir Tim Berners-Lee have already delivered their introductory remarks. If
you missed their talks, don't worry. You can click on the Livestream
timeline below to view them.

There are many more events to come today into the late evening. This is a
simulcast of the YouTube feed at https://youtu.be/S87r9Bn058s> (which does
buffer occasionally), but with added AI captions and speaker names.

Below are the Livestream links:

   - https://livestream.com/internetsociety/ourdigitalfuture/
   - https://livestream.com/internetsociety/DigitalCooperation
   - https://livestream.com/internetsociety/coppaat20
   - https://livestream.com/internetsociety/CITIDFS-ICO
   - https://livestream.com/internetsociety/ConnectedNE
   - https://livestream.com/internetsociety2/js-nyc-nov18
   - https://livestream.com/internetsociety/swissigf18
   - https://livestream.com/internetsociety/iotsecurity2018-4
   - https://livestream.com/internetsociety/ukigf18
   - https://livestream.com/internetsociety/routingsecurity/
   - http://www.mnn.org/live/2-lifestyle-channel
   - https://livestream.com/internetsociety/diversity/
   - https://livestream.com/internetsociety/VisionsIG

For more, please see:

   - Event: https://www.constellationr.com/events/PCDF
   - Agenda: https://www.constellationr.com/events/PCDF/agenda/2018-12-10
   - Livestream: https://livestream.com/internetsociety/
   - SLI.DO: http://sli.do/ourdigitalfuture
   - #OurDigitalFuture: http://bit.ly/ourdigitalfuture
   - #StandUp4HumanRights: http://bit.ly/2PgVDOQ
   - Permalink: https://isoc.live/10734/

*** This email is brought to you via the Program on Liberation Technology
at Stanford University at
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/liberationtech and Joly
MacFie at [email-masked] *****