Subject: [Gen-art] Re: [Fwd: Gen-art last call review of draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis-17.txt]

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 09:54:55 +0100

Julian Reschke schrieb:
>> From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
>> To: General Area Review Team <[email-masked]>
>> Subject: Gen-art last call review of draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis-17.txt
> ...
>> s9.2: I think I know what 'document order' means but it isn't actually
>> defined.
> 
> That's a good catch. REC-XML doesn't define nor use it. REC-XPATH uses 
> it, but doesn't define it. Advice needed.
> ...

It just occurred to me that the statement Elwyn was referring to is 
broken anyway. Currently it says 
(<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis-18.html#rfc.section.9.2.p.4>):

    Servers MUST process PROPPATCH instructions in document order (an
    exception to the normal rule that ordering is irrelevant).

The issue here is that we're not talking about "PROPPATCH instructions", 
but the child elements of DAV:propertyupdate.

Proposed fix (see also 
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-rfc2518bis-latest.html#rfc.issue.proppatch-document-order>):

    Servers MUST process the child elements of the propertyupdate XML
    element in the order they appear in the request body (an exception to
    the normal rule that ordering is irrelevant).

Best regards, Julian

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art