Subject: [Gen-art] review of draft-ietf-mpls-icmp-08.txt

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 08:30:10 +0100

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-mpls-icmp-08.txt
Reviewer: Francis Dupont
Review Date: 2007/03/07
IETF LC End Date: 2007/03/14
IESG Telechat date: unknown

Summary: Ready

Comments: I have no comment about the document itself (at the exception
of IANA stuff which was already signaled and solved by IANA itself) but
some concerns (regrets?) about draft-bonica-internet-icmp which, for
instance, doesn't work with ICMPv6 "packet too big" messages...

Regards

[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: Ron Bonica <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 11:10:20 -0500

Francis,

Yes, I also wish that we could have applied the ICMP extensions to the
ICMPv6 Packet Too Big message. Unfortunately, there are no unused bits
in that message. So, we couldn't add a length attribute. And without a
length attribute, we couldn't add an extension structure.

                                     Ron