Subject: [Gen-art] A *new* batch of IETF LC reviews - 17 March 2007

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 07:26:23 -0500

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay - I had it already to go and then saw a couple nits,
but had to go catch up with a plane. 

Here's this week's LC assignments: 
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art.html 
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-by-reviewer.html 

The standard template is included at the end of the assignments.  

Thanks, 
Mary. 

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Gonzalo Camarillo

- 'Analysis of IPv6 Link Models for 802.16 based Networks '
   <draft-ietf-16ng-ipv6-link-model-analysis-03.txt> as an Informational
RFC

IETF LC ends on 2007-03-23. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-16ng-ipv6-link-model-anal
ysis-03.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
15236&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Joel Halpern

- 'The Atom Publishing Protocol '
   <draft-ietf-atompub-protocol-14.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2007-03-26.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-atompub-protocol-14.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
11965&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Miguel Garcia

- 'OpenPGP Message Format '
   <draft-ietf-openpgp-rfc2440bis-19.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2007-03-27. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-openpgp-rfc2440bis-19.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
4936&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Pasi Eronen

- 'AII Types for Aggregation '
   <draft-ietf-pwe3-aii-aggregate-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2007-03-30. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-aii-aggregate-02.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
14352&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Robert Sparks

- 'TRILL Routing Requirements in Support of RBridges '
   <draft-ietf-trill-routing-reqs-02.txt> as an Informational RFC

IETF LC ends on 2007-03-30. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trill-routing-reqs-02.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
15187&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Scott Brim

- 'Connection Establishment in the Binary Floor Control Protocol 
  (BFCP) '
   <draft-ietf-xcon-bfcp-connection-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2007-03-31. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-xcon-bfcp-connection-04.t
xt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
14102&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Sharon Chisholm

- 'IPv6 Over the IP Specific part of the Packet Convergence sublayer in 
   802.16 Networks '
   <draft-ietf-16ng-ipv6-over-ipv6cs-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2007-03-31. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-16ng-ipv6-over-ipv6cs-08.
txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
15298&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Spencer Dawkins

- 'Server-based Certificate Validation Protocol (SCVP) '
   <draft-ietf-pkix-scvp-31.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2007-04-03. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-scvp-31.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
4376&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Suresh Krishnan

- 'Defending TCP Against Spoofing Attacks '
   <draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-antispoof-06.txt> as an Informational RFC

IETF LC ends on 2007-04-03.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-antispoof-06.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
12884&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Vijay Gurbani

- 'Extended Kerberos Version 5 Key Distribution Center (KDC) Exchanges 
   Over TCP '
   <draft-ietf-krb-wg-tcp-expansion-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2007-04-03. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-tcp-expansion-01.t
xt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
14670&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: David Black

- 'Identity-Based Cryptography Standard (IBCS) #1: Supersingular Curve 
   Implementations of the BF and BB1 Cryptosystems '
   <draft-martin-ibcs-03.txt> as an Informational RFC

IETF LC ends on 2007-04-09. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-martin-ibcs-03.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
15421&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Eric Gray

- 'On the Use of Channel Bindings to Secure Channels '
   <draft-williams-on-channel-binding-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard

   The introduction of this draft implies that the facility being
  discussed applies only to GSS-API.  That is not the case and the rest
   of the draft is clear on this point; this draft proposes to
generalize
   and clarify a facility that exists today in GSS-API both for GSS-API
   use and for other authentication frameworks.

IETF LC ends on 2007-04-11.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-williams-on-channel-binding-01
.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
15078&rfc_flag=0

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: 
Reviewer: 
Review Date:  
IETF LC End Date: 
IESG Telechat date: (if known)

Summary:

Comments:

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 17:14:06 -0400

Document: The Atom Publishing Protocol
Reviewer: Joel M. Halpern
Review Date:  17-March-2007
IETF LC End Date:  2007-03-26
IESG Telechat date: N/A

Summary: This document is ready for publication as a Proposed Standard

Comments:
	minor: In section 3.3.4, are the definitions of media-type and 
entry-or-media-type backwards?
		(media-type lists entry as a choice in the pattern.)

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 21:59:24 -0400

Document: CableLabs - IETF Standardization Collaboration
Reviewer:  Joel M. Halpern
Review Date:  March 18, 2007
IETF LC End Date: March 15, 2007?
IESG Telechat date: (2007-04-05

Summary: This document seems nearly ready for publication as an 
Informational RFC.

Comments:
         Section 4 on participation in the IETF Process seems to be 
worded in a way that suggests that "individuals who also represent 
... CableLabs" will be participating in IETF meetings in part "in 
order to assist the IETF in refining its understanding of Cablelabs 
requirements."  This seems to take us down the path of explicit 
representatives who can not change their position as individuals.  I 
don't think that is the intent, but it probably should be clarified.
         Section 5 also raises teh vision of "CableLabs activities 
within the IETF."  Again, only individuals can participate.  The 
Liaison statements are fine.  It is the implication of another level 
of interaction that raises question.

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 06:34:56 +0100

Hard-won compromise, I would guess. We have a recurrent problem
in persuading other organizations that we *really* mean it when
we say that participation is individual. Similar issues arose
in draft-andersson-rtg-gmpls-change, which was finally approved
yesterday.

      Brian

On 2007-03-19 02:59, Joel M. Halpern wrote:
> worded in a way that suggests that "individuals who also represent ... 
> CableLabs" will be participating in IETF meetings in part "in order to 
> assist the IETF in refining its understanding of Cablelabs 
>         Section 5 also raises teh vision of "CableLabs activities within 
> the IETF."  Again, only individuals can participate.  The Liaison 
> statements are fine.  It is the implication of another level of 
> interaction that raises question.
> 
>

---

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 14:08:33 -0400

We could meet earlier? 

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian E Carpenter [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 1:35 AM
To: Joel M. Halpern
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Gen-art] LC review:
draft-mule-ietf-cablelabs-collaboration-03.txt

Hard-won compromise, I would guess. We have a recurrent problem in
persuading other organizations that we *really* mean it when we say that
participation is individual. Similar issues arose in
draft-andersson-rtg-gmpls-change, which was finally approved yesterday.

      Brian

---

From: Scott W Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 15:08:18 -0400

Document:           draft-ietf-xcon-bfcp-connection-04.txt
Reviewer:           Scott Brim
Review Date:        29 March 2007
IETF LC End Date:   31 March 2007
IESG Telechat date:

Summary:

  This draft is ready for publication as a proposed standard.

Comments:

  - Typo: "hickjack" instead of "highjack".