Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of IETF-LC draft-siemborski-imap-sasl-initial-response-06.txt

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 10:23:37 +0200

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-siemborski-imap-sasl-initial-response-06.txt
Reviewer: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Review Date: 2007-03-16
IETF LC End Date: 2007-03-30
IESG Telechat date: not known

Summary: This draft is basically ready for publication, but has nits 
that should be fixed before publication.

Comments: Just a couple of nits

1) Section 3, 4th paragraph. The paragraph is a "Note", however, it 
contains normative text (MUST, MUST NOT). Although this is not a rule, 
in general notes should not contain normative text, but just 
clarifications and motivations to the text. I would suggest to make the 
Note with only the first sentence of the paragraph and start a new 
paragraph with "Servers which implement this extension MUST ..."

2) Section 5, IANA. The text should identify with precision the registry 
IANA has to operate. This registry is called "IMAP4 Capabilities 
Registry" rather than "IMAP extensions". Source:

http://www.iana.org/assignments/imap4-capabilities

BR,

      Miguel

-- 
Miguel A. Garcia           tel:+358-50-4804586
Nokia Research Center      Helsinki, Finland

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: Arnt Gulbrandsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 11:08:50 +0100

Thank you.

Miguel Garcia writes:
> ...
> contains normative text (MUST, MUST NOT). Although this is not a 
> rule, in general notes should not contain normative text, but just 
> clarifications and motivations to the text. I would suggest to make 
> the Note with only the first sentence of the paragraph and start a 
> new paragraph with "Servers which implement this extension MUST ..."

OK.

> 2) Section 5, IANA. The text should identify with precision the 
> registry IANA has to operate. This registry is called "IMAP4 
> Capabilities Registry" rather than "IMAP extensions". Source:
>

OK.

I'll do these with RFC Editor notes, unless something bigger turns up 
and requires a new revision.

Arnt

---

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 12:37:57 +0200

These are non binding comments, so, you should wait for instructions 
from your AD. Or if you receive enough substantial comments during the 
IETF LC, you can consider these comments as well.

/Miguel

Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:
>> the Note with only the first sentence of the paragraph and start a new