Subject: [Gen-art] Re: draft-ietf-6lowpan-format

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 21:26:07 -0500

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: Transmission of IPv6 Packets over IEEE 802.15.4 Networks
Reviewer: Joel M. Halpern
Review Date:  5-March-2007
IESG Telechat date: 08 March 2007
Summary: This document is ready for publication as a Proposed Standard.

It is very well written and clear.  I did have twhree minor comments 
that should be considered if there is reason to revise this document.

Minor:
         I don't know that I have ever seen a document before that 
says "thou shalt not extend this."  (Section 5, last sentence before 
5.1, "All headers used in LOWPAN adaptation layer SHALL be defined in 
this format document.")
         The fragmentation technique sends an offset that is in 
multiple of 8 bytes.  It would be sensible to say that all fragments 
except the last SHOULD (MUST?) be multiple of eight bytes, so that 
the fragment offset works well.  (section 5.3)
         At the beginning of section 10.1 on Encoding IPv6 Header 
fields, the wording is slightly misleading.  The wording says "The 
following common IPv6 header values may be compressed from the 
onset..."  I would suggest instead "The following IPv6 header values 
are expected to be common on 6lowPan networks, so the HC1 header has 
been constructed to efficiently compress them from the onset."

Yours,
Joel M. Halpern

At 09:05 AM 3/5/2007, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
>Joel,
>
>draft-ietf-6lowpan-format-11 has sneaked late onto the agenda
>for this week, if you have a chance to look at it (you are listed
>for version 10 as a Last Call review).
>
>    Brian

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art