Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-lemonade-search-within-04.txt

From: Lucy Lynch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 10:00:48 -0700 (PDT)

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-lemonade-search-within-04.txt
Reviewer: Lucy Lynch
Review Date: 03 April 2007
IESG Telechat date: 05 April 2007
(LC Expire Date: 12 April 2007)

Summary: This draft is on the right track but has open issues, described 
in the review.

Comments:

I'll note that Lars already has a discuss registered on this document.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=14488

I don't feel quite as strongly as he about the YOUNGER calculation, but I 
believe a couple examples (good and bad) might help here. The abstract is 
beautifully clear, but the protocol operation section (from "In some 
cases" on) is less so. The series of key words: "SHOULD" "MUST" "MAY" "NOT 
RECOMMENDED" make it obvious that the 60 min/YOUNGER interval problem is 
serious, but it took a couple of reading to visualize the sliding window 
permutations as described.

- Lucy Lynch

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art