Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of IETF LC draft-ietf-enum-xmpp-01.txt

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 15:40:13 +0300

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-enum-xmpp-01.txt
Reviewer: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Review Date:  2007-04-30
IETF LC End Date: 2007-05-10

Summary: The document is basically ready for publication as a Proposed 
Standard.

Comments:

1) The document should be a bit more clear on which registry IANA has to 
operate on. In particular, Section 8 does not mention the "Enumservice 
Registrations" registry (which is the proper name). Suggestion: modify 
the first paragraph in Section 8 to read:

This memo requests IANA to add a new "XMPP" Enumervice to the 
Enumservice Registrations registry, according to the definitions in this 
document and RFC 3761 [1].

2) I find a bit weird that references 2 (E.164) and 7 (XMPP) are 
normative. I think a reader don't need to understand E.164 or XMPP to 
implement this specification. As long as the reader understand ENUM, and 
the XMPP URI/IRI, it is sufficient from an implementation point of view. 
So in my opinion these references are informative.

BR,

      Miguel Garcia
-- 
Please note my new e-mail address: miguel.garcia at nsn.com
Miguel A. Garcia           tel:+358-50-4804586
Nokia Siemens Networks     Helsinki, Finland

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art