Subject: [Gen-art] gen-art review of draft-camarillo-sipping-profile-key-01.txt

From: Scott W Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 10:16:34 -0400

Bottom line: OK with nits.

I have no objection to the technical content of this draft going
forward, but here are a couple of notes on the descriptive text.  I
don't expect them to result in any changes.  They are just for the future.

First, not unusual imported requirements, it makes a solution into a
requirement, which I believe should be controlled.  The derived
requirements are:

   1.  It is necessary to optimize the response time for session
       establishment in the 3GPP IMS.
   2.  It is necessary to avoid storing individual Public Service
       Identities matching a Wildcarded Public Service Identity in the
       user database.

IMHO from the point of view of the IETF, the second requirement isn't
a requirement, it's a solution.  The requirement is probably something
like keeping database size and maintenance manageable.  How to meet
that requirement will vary, and in some cases a large database may be
fine.  I don't like instituting solutions as requirements, because
down the road that causes problems.

Second, a question.  "The I-CSCF inserts the P-Profile-Key header
field into a SIP request and the S-CSCF removes it before routing the
request further."  Does an S-CSCF ever forward a request to another
S-CSCF?

Thanks ... Scott

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art