Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Last Call Review of draft-edwards-urn-smpte-01.txt

From: "Eric Gray (LO/EUS)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 11:18:26 -0500

Thomas,

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: SMPTE URN Definition (draft-edwards-urn-smpte-01.txt)

Reviewer: Eric Gray
Review Date:  05/29/2007
IETF LC End Date:  05/29/2007

Summary:
This document is not ready for publication as an Informational RFC.

Comments:

In the security considerations section, the author indicates that
there are known security issues with "use and resolution of URNs 
in general" but does not provide a reference to where these issues
are addressed (or at least identified).

If such a reference exists, this section should cite that reference
and the author should add that reference to the list of (informative) 
references.  If no such reference exists, I am not sure what value
including this statement offers.

NITs:

In the first paragraph of the Introduction, third sentence, 8th
line: I recommend replacing "their" with "a committee's"...

--
Eric Gray
Principal Engineer
Ericsson 

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art