Subject: [Gen-art] RE: Gen-ART review of IETF LC draft-ietf-enum-xmpp-01.txt

From: "Alexander Mayrhofer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 12:44:46 +0200

Miguel,

Thanks for performing the review. Please find my comments inline.

> Comments:
> 
> 1) The document should be a bit more clear on which registry 
> IANA has to 
> operate on. In particular, Section 8 does not mention the 
> "Enumservice 
> Registrations" registry (which is the proper name). 
> Suggestion: modify 
> the first paragraph in Section 8 to read:
> 
> This memo requests IANA to add a new "XMPP" Enumervice to the 
> Enumservice Registrations registry, according to the 
> definitions in this 
> document and RFC 3761 [1].

I have changed the first paragraph as you suggested, it now reads:

   This memo requests IANA to add a new "XMPP" Enumservice to the
   'Enumservice Registrations' registry, according to the definitions in
   this document and RFC 3761 [1].

> 2) I find a bit weird that references 2 (E.164) and 7 (XMPP) are 
> normative. I think a reader don't need to understand E.164 or XMPP to 
> implement this specification. As long as the reader 
> understand ENUM, and 
> the XMPP URI/IRI, it is sufficient from an implementation 
> point of view. 
> So in my opinion these references are informative.

Agreed, moved to informative. The new "References" section now looks
like:

10.  References

10.1.  Normative References

   [1]  Faltstrom, P. and M. Mealling, "The E.164 to Uniform Resource
        Identifiers (URI) Dynamic Delegation Discovery System (DDDS)
        Application (ENUM)", RFC 3761, April 2004.

   [2]  Bradner, S., "Key words for use in RFCs to Indicate Requirement
        Levels", BCP 14, RFC 2119, March 1997.

   [3]  Berners-Lee, T., Fielding, R., and L. Masinter, "Uniform
        Resource Identifier (URI): Generic Syntax", STD 66, RFC 3986,
        January 2005.

   [4]  Duerst, M. and M. Suignard, "Internationalized Resource
        Identifiers (IRIs)", RFC 3987, January 2005.
   [5]  Saint-Andre, P., "Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRIs)
        and Uniform Resource Identifiers (URIs) for the Extensible
        Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP)", RFC 4622, August 2006.

10.2.  Informative References

   [6]  Mockapetris, P., "Domain names - Implementation and
        Specification", STD 13, RFC 1035, November 1987.

   [7]  ITU-T, "The international public telecommunication numbering
        plan", Recommendation E.164 (02/05), Feb 2005.

   [8]  Yergeau, F., Paoli, J., Sperberg-McQueen, C., Bray, T., and E.
        Maler, "Extensible Markup Language (XML) 1.0 (Third Edition)",
        W3C REC REC-xml-20040204, February 2004.

   [9]  Saint-Andre, P., Ed., "Extensible Messaging and Presence
        Protocol (XMPP): Core", RFC 3920, October 2004.

Thanks,

Alex

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 14:12:55 +0300

Excellent. Thanks.

-- 
Please note my new e-mail address: miguel.garcia at nsn.com
Miguel A. Garcia           tel:+358-50-4804586
Nokia Siemens Networks     Helsinki, Finland