Subject: [Gen-art] GenART: HIP applications draft - 07 June 2007 IESG agenda

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 17:14:04 -0400

Russ - Regarding this one:

INT		Using the Host Identity Protocol with Legacy
Applications
			(Experimental) - 4 of 6 
			draft-ietf-hip-applications-01.txt [Open Web
Ballot]
		Token: 	Mark Townsley
 	 	Reviewer:	David Black (already reviewed for LC)

The GenART review summary was "Right track; open issues".  Private
email discussion with one of the draft authors (Tom Henderson) has
made significant progress on the issues, but also indicates that
a new version of the draft is clearly needed.

The original review is here:

http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/reviews/draft-ietf-hip-applications-01
-black.txt

and the primary reason a new draft is needed is that the drawbacks
of "use of HITs and LSIs instead of IP addresses in HIP-unaware
applications" are not adequately discussed - see the review for
explanation of how this could cause problems in log files.

Mark - has a DNS expert ever looked at the DNS name extension
mechanism recommended in this draft?  The IAB DNS draft referenced
in Section 3.2 appears to have expired:

http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-iab-dns-choices-04.txt

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 17:47:16 -0500

I've uploaded the reviews received to date and updated the spreadsheets.
Let me know if there are any errors or omissions.

Thanks,
Mary

-----Original Message-----
From: Barnes, Mary (RICH2:AR00) 
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 9:49 PM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: Review assignments for 07 June 2007

Hi all,

Here's the link to the summary of assignments for the June 7, 2007
telechat:
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/reviewers-070607.html

With the updated spreadsheets:
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-by-reviewer.html

For your convenience, the review boilerplate template is included below.

Mary. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: 
Reviewer: 
Review Date:  
IESG Telechat date: 07 June 2007

Summary:

Comments:

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 14:51:34 -0400

Thanks.  I will post a DISCUSS position with this information.