Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Review of draft-crispin-collation-unicasemap-04.txt

From: Christian Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 09:39:38 +0300

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-crispin-collation-unicasemap-04.txt
Reviewer: Christian Vogt
Review Date:  07 June 2007
IESG Telechat date: 07 June 2007

Summary:

This document describes an extension to existing work on collation, and
it should go ahead for publication.  One improvement suggestion below,
though.

Comments:

I found that it would probably be helpful for a reader unfamiliar with
the details of collation if the introduction of the document was
extended to begin with

- a description of what we are actually trying to accomplish, i.e., text
string comparisons/collations,

- which standards we already have in this realm, referring to
"i;ascii-casemap", and

- why this falls short of today's need, and why we are introducing
"i;unicode-casemap" now.

Kind regards,
- Christian

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: Christian Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 10:17:32 +0300

> IESG Telechat date: 07 June 2007

There is actually no IESG telechat scheduled AFAIK.  This was my
copy-and-paste mistake; it should be:

  IESG Telechat date: --

Thanks,
- Christian