Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-genarea-datatracker-iana-rfced-extns-01

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 12:59:37 +0100

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on 
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at 
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments 
you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-genarea-datatracker-iana-rfced-extns-01
Review Date: 2011-04-22
IETF LC End Date: 2011-05-02
IESG Telechat date: unknown

Summary: This draft is ready for publication as an Informational RFC.

Major issues: None

Minor issues: None

Nits/editorial comments:

2.1.  IANA Information To Be Added to the Datatracker

   Currently, IANA reviews and touches documents at 4 different stages
   in the process from I-D to RFC for IETF stream documents: Last Call,
   IESG Review, Document Approval (for publication), and RFC
   Publication.  Most of these state changes and issues are not captured
   in the Datatracker.  For IRTF and INDEPENDENT,

Nit: I think adding "Stream Submissions" after the "INDEPENDENT" would 
add a bit of clarity.

   the IANA review
   process begins when IESG Review is requested.

ID-nits reports:

 Checking nits according to http://www.ietf.org/id-info/checklist :
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

  ** There are 2 instances of too long lines in the document, the longest one
     being 11 characters in excess of 72.

  Miscellaneous warnings:
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

  == Line 164 has weird spacing: '...ts have  been ...'

I believe both of these issues can be fixed by the RFC Editor.

  -- The document has a disclaimer for pre-RFC5378 work, but was first
     submitted on or after 10 November 2008.  Does it really need the
     disclaimer?