Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-sipping-sip-offeranswer-14

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 11:05:53 -0400

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Summary:

This draft is ready for publication as an Informational RFC.

Comments:

This draft describes the various ways in which the offer/answer
call model can be realized in SIP, including implementation
recommendations and identification of open issues.  The draft
is descriptive - all normative requirements are in referenced
RFCs.  As an informational draft, this document has a number of
useful implementation recommendations, but cannot (and does not)
make changes to the standards track RFCs for SIP.  This draft is
significantly changed and improved from the -10 version that
was sent to IETF Last Call in 2009, as many of the open issues
described in that version have been resolved in the -14 version.

I didn't see anything that appeared to need attention in a quick
scan of the draft, but I'm not a SIP expert.

idnits 2.12.09 did not find any issues.

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Distinguished Engineer
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------