Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Review of draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-vcat-lcas-13

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 23:12:46 -0400

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
< http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-vcat-lcas
Reviewer: Kathleen Moriarty
Review Date: June 7, 2011
IETF LC End Date:
IESG Telechat date: (if known)

Summary:  The document is ready with nits listed below.

Major issues:

Minor issues:

Nits/editorial comments:

Consider breaking the first sentence of the abstract into two sentences.
From: This document describes requirements for, and use of, the
   Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) control plane in
   support of the Virtual Concatenation (VCAT) layer 1 inverse
   multiplexing data plane mechanism and its companion Link Capacity
   Adjustment Scheme (LCAS) which can be used for hitless dynamic
   resizing of the inverse multiplex group.

To: This document describes requirements for, and use of, the
   Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) control plane in
   support of the Virtual Concatenation (VCAT) layer 1 inverse
   multiplexing data plane mechanism and its companion Link Capacity
   Adjustment Scheme (LCAS).  The LCAS can be used for hitless dynamic
   resizing of the inverse multiplex group.

Consider changing the dashes to commas in the paragraph before section 2.4:
From: Identification of the VCG and its associated members. This
       provides information that allows the endpoints to differentiate
       multiple VCGs and to tell what members - label switched paths
       (LSPs)- to associate with a particular VCG.
To: Identification of the VCG and its associated members. This
       provides information that allows the endpoints to differentiate
       multiple VCGs and to tell what member, label switched paths
       (LSPs), to associate with a particular VCG.

Section 3:  There is a mix of dashes and double dashes used at the start of definitions.  Please make the usage consistent (the last one only has one dash).  Consider a : instead of double dashes.

Last sentence before section 4:

Add a comma:
From: SONET VCAT group) which is composed of 7 virtually concatenated VC-
   4s (or STS-3c).
To:     SONET VCAT group), which is composed of 7 virtually concatenated VC-
   4s (or STS-3c).

Consider breaking the last sentence of the second to last paragraph of Section 4.2 up into multiple sentences:
"A node that receives a Path
   message that contains changed fields will process the full Path
   message and, based on the new value of NVC, it will add a component
   signal to the VCAT group, and switch the new timeslot based on the
   new label information."

There is a stray "." Before the last sentence of section 5 and the sentence is indented and I don't think that was intentional.
"          . Conceptual containment relationship between VCG, VCAT
   calls, control plane LSPs, and data plane connections."

Section 5.1, last bullet is another definition, look for consistency in how they are formatted.

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art