Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Telechat review of draft-ietf-mboned-ssmping-08.txt

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 17:53:12 -0400

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART) reviewer
for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd or AD before
posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-mboned-ssmping-08.txt
Reviewer: Suresh Krishnan
Review Date: 2011/07/12
IESG Telechat date: 2011/07/14

Summary: This draft is almost ready for publication as Proposed Standard 
but has some minor issues that could be addressed.

Minor
=====

* I am not sure why this spec needs to contain the options 7 and 8 as 
they are not relevant to this version of the protocol. Wouldn't the 
default behavior with unknown options take care of this automatically?

* It would be good if the draft specifies a default TTL (e.g. 64) in 
case the server did not include a TTL option. In this case, the server 
implementations need not bother to add the option if they are happy with 
the default (which I suspect they would be).

Thanks
Suresh