Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-vcarddav-kind-app-00

From: "Roni Even" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 17:44:06 +0200

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments you
may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-vcarddav-kind-app-00

Reviewer: Roni Even

Review Date: 2011-10-29

IETF LC End Date: 2011-10-20

IESG Telechat date: 2011-11-3

Summary: This draft is ready for publication as a standard track RFC.  

Major issues:

Minor issues:

Nits/editorial comments:  

I noticed that the example in section 3 is presented as XML but I did not
see any text about adding the new kind to the relax NG schema. 

"property-kind = element kind { element text { "individual" | "group" |
"org" | "location" }* }"

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 20:45:02 -0600

Hi Roni, thank you for the review. Comments inline.

On 10/29/11 9:44 AM, Roni Even wrote:
> Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
> you may receive.
> 
> Review Date: 2011–10–29
> IETF LC End Date: 2011–10–20
> 
> I noticed that the example in section 3 is presented as XML but I did
> not see any text about adding the new kind to the relax NG schema.
> 
>  
> 
> “property-kind = element kind { element text { "individual" | "group" |
> "org" | "location" }* }”

RFC 6351 defines "property-kind" as follows:

###

property-kind = element kind {
    element text { "individual" | "group" | "org" | "location" |
                   x-name | iana-token }*
  }

###

New values are supported by means of the "iana-token" construction. See
Section 6.1.4 of RFC 6350:

      An iana-token.  Additional values may be registered with IANA (see
         Section 10.3.4).  A new value's specification document MUST
         specify which properties make sense for that new kind of vCard
         and which do not.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: "Roni Even" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 11:29:52 +0200

Hi Peter,
I am not sure now where I saw the definition for the kind element that I pasted. So no problem with that. 
Note that you are referencing the WG drafts and not RFC6350, RFC6351
Roni

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Peter Saint-Andre [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, October 31, 2011 4:45 AM
> To: Roni Even
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
> CardDAV
> Subject: Re: Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-vcarddav-kind-app-00
>