Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-Art review of draft-ietf-6man-lineid-05

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 11:33:19 -0400

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
< http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

 Document: draft-ietf-6man-lineid-05
 Reviewer: Kathleen Moriarty
 Review Date: June 19, 2012
 IETF LC End Date: June 18, 2012
 IESG Telechat date: (if known)

 Summary:  This document is read for publication.  I only found one tiny nit on acronyms noted below.

Abstract:  In Ethernet based aggregation networks, several subscriber premises
   may be logically connected to the same interface of an edge router.
   This document proposes a method for the edge router to identify the
   subscriber premises using the contents of the received Router
   Solicitation messages.  The applicability is limited to broadband
   network deployment scenarios where multiple user ports are mapped to
   the same virtual interface on the Edge Router.

 Major issues:

 Minor issues:

 Nits/editorial comments:

Figure 1: Some of the acronyms used in the diagram are not expanded upon in the introduction section, RG for instance (it is in the terminology section, but is the only acronym not spelled out near figure 1).  It may also be confusing to see AN for Access Node next to Aggregation Network.  It may help to expand AN?  It is in the Introduction, so not a big deal.

---

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 21:05:32 -0400

Hi Kathleen,
  Thanks for the review.

[email-masked] wrote:
> Nits/editorial comments:
>  
> Figure 1: Some of the acronyms used in the diagram are not expanded upon
> in the introduction section, RG for instance (it is in the terminology
> section, but is the only acronym not spelled out near figure 1).  It may
> also be confusing to see AN for Access Node next to Aggregation
> Network.  It may help to expand AN?  It is in the Introduction, so not a
> big deal.

Will clarify this in the next revision. Thanks for catching this.

Thanks
Suresh