Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-channel-06.txt

From: "Miguel A. Garcia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 09:26:35 +0200

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft. For background on Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>

Please resolve these comments along with any other comments you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-channel-06.txt
Reviewer: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Review Date: 2012-06-19
IETF LC End Date: 2012-06-20
IESG Telechat date: 2012-06-21

Summary: This document is ready for publication as a standards track RFC

Major issues: none

Minor issues: none

Nits/editorial comments:

The document is well written and easy to read. Congratulations to the 
authors.

I have some minor editorial comments.

- All the figures that represent bits on the wire do not follow the 
convention of numbering the bits. I would suggest to add the bit number 
as per the RFC style guide. This means adding these two lines to most 
figures in the document:

        0                   1                   2                   3
        0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1

- Also, related to figures. I would suggest to add a caption to each 
figure, for example, under the figure in Section 2.1:

       Figure 2: RBridge Channel Message inner frame

This allows other documents to easily refer to the figure by number 
(e.g., "Figure 2 in RFC xxxx").

- Section 2.1.1: s/species/specifies

- Section 4. There are 5 bullet points. Something is wrong with the 
indentation of the third bullet point.

/Miguel
-- 
Miguel A. Garcia
+34-91-339-3608
Ericsson Spain

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 07:55:12 -0400

Hi Miguel,

> The document is well written and easy to read. Congratulations to the

Thanks.

> convention of numbering the bits. I would suggest to add the bit number as
> per the RFC style guide. This means adding these two lines to most figures
> in the document:
>
>
>       0                   1                   2                   3

OK. I believe there are two figures where this should be added.

> - Also, related to figures. I would suggest to add a caption to each figure,
> for example, under the figure in Section 2.1:
>
> This allows other documents to easily refer to the figure by number (e.g.,
> "Figure 2 in RFC xxxx").

OK.

> - Section 2.1.1: s/species/specifies

Thanks for spotting that.

> indentation of the third bullet point.

OK.

Thanks for the review,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]