Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-vegoda-cotton-rfc5735bis-02

From: "Black, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 19:04:38 -0400

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on Gen-ART, please
see the FAQ at <http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments you may receive.

Document: draft-vegoda-cotton-rfc5735bis-02
Reviewer: David L. Black
Review Date: August 9, 2012
IETF LC End Date: August 9, 2012

Summary:
This draft is basically ready for publication, but has nits that
should be fixed before publication.

This draft provides an updated list of the special use IPv4 address blocks
that have been allocated by IANA along with explanations of their special
uses.

I found one nit and idnits found another one.

Section 5 - the first sentence in the second paragraph is:

   The domain name and IP address spaces involve policy issues (in
   addition to technical issues) so that the requirements of [RFC2860]
   do not apply generally to those spaces.

I'm surprised by "do not apply generally".  I would have expected that
the policy issues create requirements and constraints above and beyond
the requirements in RFC 2860 as opposed to replacing those requirements.

idnits 2.12.13 complained about a lot of IP addresses that aren't in
the address ranges used for examples.  These complaints can be ignored,
but idnits did find one actual nit:

  == Unused Reference: 'RFC6441' is defined on line 346, but no explicit
     reference was found in the text

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Distinguished Engineer
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Black, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 19:50:19 -0400

The -03 version of this draft addresses the nits in the Gen-ART version
of the -02 version.  Section 5 has been removed in the -03 version,
so the nit that was there is gone.

Thanks,
--David

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Black, David
> Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2012 7:05 PM
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Cc: Black, David; [email-masked]
> Subject: Gen-ART review of draft-vegoda-cotton-rfc5735bis-02
>