Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-iab-2870bis-01

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 10:37:04 -0700

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
< http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-iab-2870bis-01
Reviewer: Martin Thomson
Review Date:
IETF LC End Date: 2014-06-20
IESG Telechat date: (if known)

Summary: Looks good.

Major issues: None

Minor issues:

This seems like a prohibition by omission:
      MAY also serve the root-servers.net zone, and the zone for the
      .arpa top-level domain [ARPAZONE],[RFC3172].
That is, it could be read to imply that root servers are prohibited
from serving other zones.  Why was this position taken rather than
simply noting that the root servers might serve other zones without
stipulating specifics?