Subject: [Gen-art] review of draft-ietf-forces-packet-parallelization-02.txt

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2014 15:34:53 +0200

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at

<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-forces-packet-parallelization-02.txt
Reviewer: Francis Dupont
Review Date: 20140930
IETF LC End Date: 20140929
IESG Telechat date: 20141002

Summary: Ready with nits

Major issues: none

Minor issues: none

Nits/editorial comments:
 - Abstract page 1: the FE abbrev should be introduced (in particular
  one can believe it means ForCES Element in place of Forwarding Element)

 - ToC page 2 and 6 page 23: Acknowledgements -> Acknowledgments

 - 1 page 3: the ForCES abbrev must be introduced again (the Abstract
  is not a part of the document for this)

 - 1 page 3: same for LFB

 - 1 page 3 and 2 page 6: modelling -> modeling

 - 1 page 3 (multiple), 2 page 5 (twice) and 9.2 page 26 : Cilc -> Cilk
  (BTW the reference and wikipedia say Cilk :-)

 - 1 page 3: bad wording:
  "Being an experimental document the LFB Class IDs cannot be included..."

 - 1.2 page 3: FE itself should be in the list (likely the first item)

 - 1.2 page 3: same for CE...

 - 2 page 5: e.g. -> e.g.,

 - 2.1 page 8, 4.3.3 page 15 and 5 page 17: (not a US vs UK sp!)
  LFBParallelOccurenceLimit -> LFBParallelOccurrenceLimit

 - 4.2.2 page 14: what is the MergeWaitTimeoutTimer unit?
  (if the answer is not trivial it should be added in the document)

 - 8 page 25: parallezation -> parallelization

 - Authors' Addresses: please add USA (not US as postal addresses
  require country names, not ISO IS 3166 codes (BTW VA is a valid
  3166 code but English is not one of its official languages even
  wikipedia doesn't seem to have a very clear idea about them :-)).

Regards

[email-masked]

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 00:39:11 +0300

Many thanks for you review, Francis.

jari

On 01 Oct 2014, at 16:34, Francis Dupont <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Gen-art mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: "Haleplidis Evangelos" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 19:52:20 +0300

Greetings Francis,

Thank you for your review.
We have addressed all your comments. 

For further discussion please see inline. For brevity I kept only the items
for discussion. 

Regards,
Evangelos.

>   one can believe it means ForCES Element in place of Forwarding

[ΕΗ] As Joel said, FE is Forwarding Element. We expanded it.

>   is not a part of the document for this)

[ΕΗ] For the first (ForCES) we expanded the acronym, but the LFB is
introduced in the first paragraph. Did you mean something else?

>   "Being an experimental document the LFB Class IDs cannot be

[ΕΗ] Changed the wording from:
"Being an experimental document the LFB Class IDs cannot be included in the
standard action's value and therefore must have a value of larger than 65535
and must begin with prefix 'Ext-'.  However when we refer to the LFB Class
names in the text of this document (not the formal definitions), we will
omit the 'Ext-' prefix."
To:	
"This document is in the experimental track and thus the LFB Class IDs will
not be included in the standard action's values. Therefore the LFB Class IDs
must have a value larger than 65535 and the LFB names must begin with the
prefix 'Ext-'. However for brevity, when we refer to the LFB Class names in
the text of this document (not the formal definitions), the 'Ext-' prefix
will be omitted."

>   (if the answer is not trivial it should be added in the document)

[EH] Thank you for catching this. The text now explicitly specifies the
MergeWaitTimeoutTimer unit in milliseconds. Additionally, we added a small
sentence that explicitly specifies when the timer starts counting for each
parallel task: "The MergeWaitTimeoutTimer starts as soon as the first chunk
or packet of a parallel task arrives."
	
>  - 8 page 25: parallezation -> parallelization

[ΕΗ] Thanks for that. We have addressed that as our response to the security
review by Magnus.