Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Last Call review of draft-nottingham-safe-hint-05

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 15:52:36 +1300

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-nottingham-safe-hint-05.txt
Reviewer: Brian Carpenter
Review Date: 2014-10-24
IETF LC End Date: 2014-11-18
IESG Telechat date:

Summary:   Almost ready
--------

Comment:
--------

I have no technical comments. I have not been reading the IETF Last Call thread, but
my opinion fwiw is that this a figleaf that will provide no real protection.
Undesirable sites will simply ignore it. "Safe" sites don't need it.

Minor issues:
-------------

As the writeup says: "The IANA Considerations section is a bit sparse.
It should at least name the registry it's updating for convenience of the reader."

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 23:00:17 -0400

Thanks for the review, Brian.  Yes, Mark will tweak the IANA section after
last call.

There are plenty of sites that offer content that can be trimmed to be
"safer".  Search engines can use it to filter what they return.  Video
sites can use it to not serve up R rated content.  And so on.

There is already some deployment.  Whether it gets widely deployed is
something we'll have to see.

Barry