Subject: [Gen-art] Fwd: review of draft-murchison-nntp-compress-05.txt

From: Julien ÉLIE <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2016 22:30:59 +0200

Dear RFC Editor,

The following draft is currently in IETF Last Call:
     https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-murchison-nntp-compress-05

We received a review from The General Area Review Team (Gen-ART), asking 
to contact you for guidelines about the use of non ASCII characters in 
Authors' Addresses.

Currently, in the draft:

1.3.  Authors' Note

    Please write the first letter of "Elie" and the penultimate letter of
    "allee" with an acute accent wherever possible -- they are
    respectively U+00C9 ("&#201;" in XML) and U+00E9 ("&#233;" in XML).
    Also, the letters "ae" in "Baeuerle" should be written as an a-umlaut
    (U+00E4, "&#228;" in XML), and the first letter of "Angel" as well as
    the fifth letter of "Gonzalez" should be written with an acute accent
    (respectively U+00C1 and U+00E1, that is to say "&#193;" and "&#225;"
    in XML).

[...]

Appendix A.  Acknowledgements

    The authors would like to thank the following individuals for
    contributing their ideas and support for writing this specification:
    Mark Adler, Russ Allbery, Michael Baeuerle, Angel Gonzalez, and Brian
    Peterson.

[...]

Authors' Addresses

    Julien Elie
    10 allee Clovis
    Noisy-le-Grand  93160
    France

What should we do when taking into account the remarks from Gen-ART? 
Keep Section 1.3 and the rest of the draft as-is, or change something? 
(I am using rfc2xml.)

Thanks beforehand,

-- 
Julien ÉLIE

« On ne peut jamais être neutre. Le silence est une opinion. »
   (Henri Moret)

---

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2016 12:16:07 -0700

Julien,

On Mon, Oct 03, 2016 at 10:30:59PM +0200, Julien ??LIE wrote:
> We received a review from The General Area Review Team (Gen-ART),
> asking to contact you for guidelines about the use of non ASCII
> characters in Authors' Addresses.
> 
> Currently, in the draft:
> 
> 1.3.  Authors' Note
> 
> Keep Section 1.3 and the rest of the draft as-is, or change
> something? (I am using rfc2xml.)

Currently, the RFCs may not contain non-ASCII characters.  As noted in
draft-iab-html-rfc, the RFC Editor is working toward publishing
multiple output file formats.  When this change takes place, "UTF-8, as
specified in [RFC3629]" will be allowed.  However, the tools have not
yet been developed, so we are currently only publishing plain-text,
ASCII-only RFCs.  

Please let us know if you have any questions. 

Thank you,
RFC Editor/sg

> 
> Thanks beforehand,
> 
> -- 
> Julien ?LIE
> 
> ? On ne peut jamais ?tre neutre. Le silence est une opinion. ?
>   (Henri Moret)

---

From: Julien ÉLIE <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 21:55:57 +0200

Bonjour Francis,

>> Nits/editorial comments:
>>  - ToC page 2 and A page 21: Acknowledgements -> Acknowledgments
>
> I'm using xml2rfc with <?rfc rfcedstyle="yes" ?> that enforces
> "Acknowledgements".  It then seems that the current preferences of the
> RFC Editor have changed.  I'll deactivate that option, and verify it
> does not break something else elsewhere.

It appears that the behaviour of rfcedstyle with the current version of 
xml2rfc does not affect the spelling of "Acknowledgements".  It used to. 
  So I just changed the spelling to follow your suggestion, and I kept 
rfcedstyle active.

FYI, your review is now taken into account:
 
https://github.com/ksmurchison/drafts/commit/27e30ec0a522749d53203d5e9bf0937ecc8196f2

Thanks again for it!
Do not hesitate to tell me in case something is still wrong.

-- 
Julien ÉLIE

« – Ils transportent une arme secrète dans un tonneau !
   – La cervoise tiède !!!
   – Non, ça c'est une arme connue. » (Astérix)