Subject: [Gen-art] review of draft-ietf-ipsecme-tcp-encaps-08.txt

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 19:14:29 +0100

Note in fact this review was withdrawn but as I did it I am typing
and sending it anyway. I warned the gen-art management and it seems
the review came back to me.

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair. Please wait for direction from your
document shepherd or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-ipsecme-tcp-encaps-08.txt
Reviewer: Francis Dupont
Review Date: 20170317
IETF LC End Date: past
IESG Telechat date: 20170411

Summary: Ready

Major issues: None

Minor issues: None

Nits/editorial comments:
 - 3 page 6: if a TCP stream itself really supports very long mesages the
  encapsulation used in the document has a lower (but still large) limit
  (2^16 - sizeof(header) - 2).

In general there are all provsions to discourage the use of TCP encapsulation
when something simpler is available. I don't expect they will be strictly
followed in the real world but IMHO you did the maximum for a spec document.

Regards

[email-masked]