Subject: [Gen-art] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-ntp-bcp-07

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2018 12:49:07 -0700

Reviewer: Robert Sparks
Review result: Ready

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-ntp-bcp-07
Reviewer: Robert Sparks
Review Date: 2018-10-03
IETF LC End Date: 2018-10-08
IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

Summary: Ready for publication as a BCP

I don't want to start another "What is a BCP" fight, but I think this document
would serve the purpose it wants to serve just as well if it were
Informational. I don't object to proceeding as BCP though.

I found the tone a little unusual (as other reviewers have commented on) as did
one of the people who operates large systems but doesn't regularly participate
in the IETF that I asked to skim this. That said, I didn't find it's lack of
precision in places to be dangerous. If there's appetite to improve it, please
do, but I think the world would be better with this document published as is
than with no document published at all.