Subject: [Geojson] Some background reading on GeoJSON

From: Sean Gillies <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 22:05:29 -0600

Hi all,

draft-butler-geojson
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-butler-geojson/), the doc
we're looking to adopt, is based on the doc published at
http://geojson.org in 2008. The story of how it came together is
archived at http://lists.geojson.org/pipermail/geojson-geojson.org/.

Work on turning that document into an Internet Draft began in 2013 and
its history is found at
https://github.com/geojson/draft-geojson/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aclosed.

I'm not saying that everybody needs to read all of that, but searching
or scanning some of it before posting may help us avoid unnecessary
relitigation of settled issues, red faces, and heartburn. I'm happy to
assist anyone in finding the right threads in the archives.

Let's not waste our time fighting old battles for no good reason.

Respectfully yours,

-- 
Sean Gillies

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 13:29:43 +0900

> Let's not waste our time fighting old battles for no good reason.

Though if you have information that you think is new, then please
don't feel shy.