Subject: [Geojson] Welcome to the geojson working group.

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 18:56:09 -0700

Since we have a few new people here, I thought that it might make
sense to provide a few pointers to work practices.

First, everyone needs to be aware of the IPR rules.  In short,
contributions you make, including emails to this list, come with some
obligations.  Please read <https://ietf.org/about/note-well.html> and
ask me if you have questions.

Second, while a lot of work has been carried out on github, and we
expect that work will continue there, we ask that you bring any
substantive discussion to this list.  You can read the general policy
we've adopted here:
<https://github.com/martinthomson/i-d-template/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md>.
We'll likely refine this process as time goes by.

Finally, expect a call for adoption for draft-butler-geojson shortly.
We want to move quickly on this.

---

From: Erik Wilde <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 16:21:20 -1000

just one minor correction about martin's welcome message:

> <https://github.com/martinthomson/i-d-template/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md>.

https://github.com/geojson/draft-geojson/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md is 
where the GeoJSON guidelines are currently living.

---

From: Carl Reed <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 09:03:21 -0600

Martin -

I forgot to ask. Is this document in the IETF standards track or is the
intent for the document to become an informational RFC?

I ask because on https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-butler-geojson/ no
stream or RFC status is provided.

If the intention is to have the document move through the standards track
then there are more process steps than just quick approval.

Thanks for the clarification.

Regards

Carl

On Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 7:56 PM, Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> <https://github.com/martinthomson/i-d-template/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md
> >.
> _______________________________________________
> GeoJSON mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geojson
>

-- 
Carl Reed, PhD
Carl Reed and Associates

Mobile: 970-402-0284

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 15:33:45 -0700

The intent is to produce standards track document. As you note, the effort
to produce an informational document might not even justify having a
working group.

(Based on my review, I expect that we won't have to do much extra in any
case.)
On Oct 18, 2015 8:03 AM, "Carl Reed" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I ask because on https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-butler-geojson/
> no stream or RFC status is provided.
>
>> <
>> https://github.com/martinthomson/i-d-template/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md
>> >.