Subject: [Geojson] Removing draft section 6.4

From: Sean Gillies <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 11:57:14 -0700

Hi all,

As pointed out in https://github.com/geojson/draft-geojson/issues/105,
I made an editorial error during the creation of the
considerations.mkd file and reintroduced some old text concerning URNs
vs URLs.

Specifically, the third paragraph under section 6 on the right side of
https://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-butler-geojson-05.txt was
introduced by mistake and does not belong.

I propose to correct my mistake by deleting section 6.4 of the draft
(https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-butler-geojson-06#section-6.4). As
the draft no longer recommends specifying a CRS in GeoJSON, the URN vs
URL stuff is not relevant and can't but confuse readers.

The specific change to the text is here in our GitHub repo:
https://github.com/geojson/draft-geojson/pull/108.

Aside: being occupied on forming this WG is what kept us from noticing
this error. I'm super pleased that the chartering of the WG brought
new eyes that caught it.

-- 
Sean Gillies

---

From: Allan Doyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 20:24:33 -0500

Thanks for your careful documentation of this. I agree with your proposal.

	Allan

> On Nov 2, 2015, at 1:57 PM, Sean Gillies <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi all,
> 
> _______________________________________________
> GeoJSON mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geojson

-- 
Allan Doyle
[email-masked]
+1.617.417.8911 (Cell)

---

From: Stefan Hagen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 06:57:56 +0100

On 20151103T0224... Allan Doyle wrote:
> ...
>> ...
>> ...

I also second this.

Best,
Stefan
-- 
Stefan Hagen