Subject: [Geojson] Last Call: <draft-ietf-geojson-03.txt> (The GeoJSON Format) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 06:37:25 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Geographic JSON WG (geojson) to
consider the following document:
- 'The GeoJSON Format'
  <draft-ietf-geojson-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-05-31. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   GeoJSON is a geospatial data interchange format based on JavaScript
   Object Notation (JSON).  It defines several types of JSON objects and
   the manner in which they are combined to represent data about
   geographic features, their properties, and their spatial extents.
   This document recommends a single coordinate reference system based
   on WGS 84.  Other coordinate reference systems are not recommended.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-geojson/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-geojson/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.