Subject: RE: Requirements Document

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 09:16:10 +0300

Hi Randy,

> >>> The only way that I could see this working would be that the
> >>> delegate would not be able to understand the location information
> >>> without consulting you.  So, in effect, this would mean that your
> >>> delegate is essentially only screening your calls.  Is this
> >>> sufficient?
> >> when i have a contractual relationship, i may choose to trust a
> >> delegatee.
> > Thanks for the clarification.  If this is something permissible,
> > then I'm satisfied.  
> 
> do note that it was MY choice whethere to trust the delegatee or not.
> i.e. it is an explicit active choice, just as a choice to divulge to a
> prober is explicit.

Duely noted & I personally wouldn't want it any other way.

John

---

From: Kenji Takahashi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 18:44:37 +0900

> > >   My agent could receive my delegation by out-of-band means.  It
> > >could authenticate by out-of-band means.
> >
> > I suppose it could.  But why is that desirable?  Even if it is, we
> > still need a way to change the delegation privileges in-band.  We
> > don't want to force people to go out-of-band to change the delegation
> > privileges.  That would be inconvenient in many circumstances.

I think stopping devuliging (or delegation) at all would be practically
usefull.  For this you do not need the compliacted (desktop) UI.  (BTW you
would be supprised with all the complex things teenagers can do with
Java-enabled i-mode phones....)

> It is desirable because the UI for the end device may be much less
> convenient to allow a full and complete disclosure of when and
> under what circumstances delegation is permitted.  A much more
> reasonable scenario is that you sign up for a service which has
> a website where your contract is spelled out.  You may have a number
> of controls, best managed by a desktop UI.  You make your choices,
> come to agreement, and then your end device makes reports to the service
> and the service does the delegation.

Kenji