Subject: Three new geopriv document versions

From: John Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 13:28:33 -0500

For everyone who came into work this morning eager to review and 
comment on geopriv documents, I wanted to let you know that three new 
revisions of prior geopriv docs were submitted to 
[email-masked] yesterday (at least, three that I know of - 
I'd be happy to post others as well).

Because it will likely take days for the docs to be processed and 
posted, I've put them onto an ftp server.  The three documents are:

    (1)  The -03 version of "Geopriv requirements".  In the process of 
addressing and responding to questions raised on the list and 
elsewhere, James Polk and Jon Peterson were added as authors to the 
document.  The new version simplifies and clarifies some of the 
terminology, and adds a general "framework" diagram to introduce the 
document.

    ftp://67.cdt.org/pub/draft-ietf-geopriv-reqs-03.txt

   (2)  The -03 version of "Geopriv Scenarios and Use Cases".  This 
revision (a) incorporates the terminology changes that were made in 
the requirements document, and (b) tightens the text, fills gaps, and 
generally puts the document into a more finished form.

    ftp://67.cdt.org/pub/draft-cuellar-geopriv-scenarios-03.txt

   (3)  The -01 version of "Core Privacy Protections for Geopriv 
Location Object".  This revision reflects the discussions in Atlanta 
about what specific privacy rules might be includable in the Location 
Object.  This doc sets out the authors' revised proposal for rules in 
the LO.

    ftp://67.cdt.org/pub/draft-morris-geopriv-core-01.txt

It would be great to get discussion of these documents - especially 
the Requirements doc - going before San Francisco.

See you there,

John Morris