Subject: [Geopriv] Call for expert review of draft-ietf-geopriv-policy-04

From: Andrew Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 11:59:56 -0500

The co-chairs of GEOPRIV, in consultation with the draft authors, are 
calling for expert review of the geospatial location portion (Section 
6.2) of draft-ietf-geopriv-policy-04.

It is the belief of the co-chairs that the IETF does not generally set 
standards in the area of geospatial location and therefore does not 
readily possess the expertise for appropriate review of such a 
specification in an IETF standard.  To achieve the milestone for the 
publication of this document, we are asking for either:

   1) A written review of the geospatial location language in 
draft-ietf-geopriv-policy-04 by two independent and qualified experts.  
These reviews are to be discussed by the working group.  Time on the 
agenda for the GEOPRIV session at IETF 61 has been allotted.

      or

   2) The citation of another, pre-existing specification that may be 
used to accomplish the goals of geospatial location.  It is beneficial 
that any cited specifications have available implementations.

In accordance with IETF practices, discussion and consensus will 
determine how geospatial location will be specified in this document.

-andy

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv