Subject: [Geopriv] New ID into Geopriv updating RFC 3825

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 11:21:14 -0500

All

Our AD made some comments to Henning's civic ID as it went through IESG 
review (based on comments from the DHC WG chair - Ralph Droms - about how 
DHC can function) that is causing Henning to write up something about it in 
the his revision.  After discussing this myself will Ted, it appears the 
simplest way to account for this omission wrt RFC 3825 is to write a short 
update to that RFC in a new document. This is that update. It is a whole 3 
paragraphs long of original text (plus abstract).

It's sad to say that this resulted in a 4 page ID due to the length of our 
existing boilerplate and caveats... meaning this is proof there cannot be a 
"1 page ID" anymore like some of us often comment on at the microphone to 
solve a simple issue...

sigh

Here is the announcement that did not get announced on the Geopriv list 
previously.  I hope to generate comments and yeah or nays to this, as this 
is not new news, it is how DHCP functions today, this ID just calls that 
function out explicitly for Geopriv wrt coordinate LCI.

	Title		: Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Location
			  Configuration Information Transmitted Upstream
	Author(s)	: J. Polk, R. Droms
	Filename	: draft-polk-geopriv-dhc-geo-lci-upstream-00.txt
	Pages		: 4
	Date		: 2005-5-11
	
This document updates RFC 3825 to allow explicitly the transmission
    of DHCP option 123, "Location Configuration Information", from a
    DHCP client to a DHCP server.  Transmission of option 123 from a
    client to a server allows a client that knows its location through
    some other means to communicate that location to the DHCP server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-polk-geopriv-dhc-geo-lci-upstream-00.txt

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv