Subject: [Geopriv] a usage of SIP for privacy concerned LBS

From: "YANHAO WU" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 09:31:14 +0200

Hi
 All, have a look of attachment. Please give me some suggestions. 
 Subscriber (Alice)     SIP Proxy             Notifier (Bob)
 Step 1 |----Subscribe----->|----Subscribe------>| Request state
subscription
 Step 2 |<-------202----------|<--------202-----------| plausible
deniability "pending"
 Step 3 |<-------------NOTIFY (pending)-----------| Waiting for
authorization
 Step 4 |----------------------200--------------------->| Acknowledge
notifying
 Step 5 |<-------------NOTIFY (active)-------------| Notify geographic
information
 Step 6 |----------------------200--------------------->| Acknowledge
notifying
   PUA (Alice)          SIP Proxy           Watcher (Hospital)     
 Step 7 |------Publish------->|                              | update
emergency information
 Step 8 |<-------200----------|                              |
Acknowledge publication
 Step 9 |                            |----------Notify------>| Inform
emergency information
 Step10 |                           |<---------200----------|
Acknowledge notifying

Alice sends SUBSCRIBE Request to Bob asking for his geographic
information. Notifier reply 202 Response indicates that the subscription
has been understood, and that an authorization needs to be taken by Bob.
Bob authorizes the Request and decided to reveal his "City" level
geographic information to Alice.
When Alice encounters an emergency situation, Presence User Agent (PUA)
publishes her geographic information to SIP proxy, and SIP Proxy
notifies hospital.

Wilson.Wu
Department of Computer Science 
University of the Western Cape 
Private Bag X17 
Bellville 7535
South Africa 

Emai:[email-masked]
Tel.+27 (0)21 959-2406
Fax.+27 (0)21 959 3006 
Mob.+27 (0)72 571 6932
_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: Tschofenig Hannes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 22:14:59 +0200

hi, 

i quickly went through the text you have provided with the attachment. 
why don't you just use a combination of 
- common-policy:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-common-policy-04.txt 
- geopriv-policy:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-policy-05.txt
- pdif-lo:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-pidf-lo-03.txt
- sip+lo:
http://www.softarmor.com/wgdb/docs/draft-polk-sipping-location-requirements-
01.txt

ciao
hannes

> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] Im Auftrag von YANHAO WU
> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 5. Mai 2005 09:31
> An: [email-masked]
> Betreff: [Geopriv] a usage of SIP for privacy concerned LBS
> 
> 
> Hi