Subject: [Geopriv] I-D Action:draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 11:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : HTTP Enabled Location Delivery (HELD)
	Author(s)       : M. Barnes, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-08.txt
	Pages           : 48
	Date            : 2008-07-10

A Layer 7 Location Configuration Protocol (L7 LCP) is described that
is used for retrieving location information from a server within an
access network.  The protocol includes options for retrieving
location information in two forms: by value and by reference.  The
protocol is an extensible application-layer protocol that is
independent of session-layer.  This document describes the use of
HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) and HTTP over Transport Layer
Security (HTTP/TLS) as transports for the protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: "Thomson, Martin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 01:44:56 -0500

Thanks to Mary for the hard work put in updating the document.  I've just submitted lis-discovery, which should be compatible.

There are a few minor errors in the latest additions:

The ABNF should reference RFC 5234.

The ABNF requires spaces on the outside of the square brackets (but not inside of).

The ABNF for HELDREF-URI still uses 'helds://'

The 'port' component is still optional in the ABNF.  Without a default value, it makes no sense to allow its omission.

The examples that show the HTTP headers should use the 'held:' URI defined in lis-discovery, not the reference defined by this document.  This document is describing the LCP, not the dereference protocol.  There is still mention in Section 11.1 of an https: URI.

I remain unconvinced of the need for two URI deref schemes, but I'll take that discussion offline.

Cheers,
Martin

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
> Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Friday, 11 July 2008 4:15 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Geopriv] I-DAction:draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-
> 08.txt
> 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is for the designated recipient only and may
contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the original.  Any unauthorized use of
this email is prohibited.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[mf2]
_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 08:34:34 -0500

Martin,

I'll fix the ABNF (and reference) - I had problems with long lines on
the ABNF and obviously fixed the wrong way (removing the outside rather
than inside spaces).  

Yep and I will fix the examples and I don't know how I missed that
helds: in the ABNF for HELDREF-URI as I did a global search (thus
incorrectly changed the URI for the LIS in the examples).  And, I'll
change that https: reference to helds:

Thanks,
Mary. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomson, Martin [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2008 1:45 AM
To: Barnes, Mary (RICH2:AR00)
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Geopriv]
I-DAction:draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-08.txt

Thanks to Mary for the hard work put in updating the document.  I've
just submitted lis-discovery, which should be compatible.

The ABNF requires spaces on the outside of the square brackets (but not
inside of).

The 'port' component is still optional in the ABNF.  Without a default
value, it makes no sense to allow its omission.

The examples that show the HTTP headers should use the 'held:' URI
defined in lis-discovery, not the reference defined by this document.
This document is describing the LCP, not the dereference protocol.
There is still mention in Section 11.1 of an https: URI.

I remain unconvinced of the need for two URI deref schemes, but I'll
take that discussion offline.

Cheers,
Martin

> Subject: [Geopriv] 
> I-DAction:draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-
> 08.txt
> 
> access network.  The protocol includes options for retrieving location

> information in two forms: by value and by reference.  The protocol is 
> an extensible application-layer protocol that is independent of 
> session-layer.  This document describes the use of HyperText Transfer 
> Protocol (HTTP) and HTTP over Transport Layer Security (HTTP/TLS) as 
> transports for the protocol.
> 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------
This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain
privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete the original.  Any unauthorized use of this email is
prohibited.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------
[mf2]
_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv