Subject: [Geopriv] FW: I-D Action:draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-08.txt

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 13:27:30 -0500

Hi all,

This update addresses the majority of the comments received during IETF
Last Call (including gen-art and sec-dir reviews). There are a few of
EKR's comments that I'm not sure I have adequately addressed, so I will
send a separate email on those. Hopefully, with all the updated text, we
can resolve those quickly.  

It would likely be easiest for folks to look at the diff to identify the
changed sections and focus re-reviews on the changed sections.

Thanks,
Mary.

Here's a summary of changes (in no particular order):

1) Fix editorial nits: rearranging sections in 4.1 for readibility, etc.

2) Added back text in Device and VPN section referencing DHCP and
   LLDP-MED when a VPN device serves as a LIS.

3) Clarified the use of both HTTP and HTTPS.

4) Defined two URIs related to 3 respectively - divided IANA
   registrations into sub-sections to accomodate this change.  (Note:
   LIS Discovery will now define that URI, thus this document defines
   the one associatied with a Location reference).

5) Clarified the description of the location URI in Protocol Overview
   and Protocol parameter sections.  Note that these sections again
   reference location dereference protocol for completeness and
   clarification of issues that are out of scope for this base document.

6) Defined new error code: notLocatable.

7) Clarifications and corrections in security section.

8) Clarified text for locationType, specifically removing extra text
   from "any" description and putting that in a separate paragraph.
   Also, provided an example.

9) Added boundaries for "expires" parameter.

10) Clarified that the HELD protocol as defined by this document does
   not allow for canceling location references.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2008 1:15 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-08.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working
Group of the IETF.

	Title           : HTTP Enabled Location Delivery (HELD)
	Author(s)       : M. Barnes, et al.
	Filename        :
draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-08.txt
	Pages           : 48
	Date            : 2008-07-10

A Layer 7 Location Configuration Protocol (L7 LCP) is described that is
used for retrieving location information from a server within an access
network.  The protocol includes options for retrieving location
information in two forms: by value and by reference.  The protocol is an
extensible application-layer protocol that is independent of
session-layer.  This document describes the use of HyperText Transfer
Protocol (HTTP) and HTTP over Transport Layer Security (HTTP/TLS) as
transports for the protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-del
ivery-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv