Subject: [Geopriv] I-D Action:draft-ietf-geopriv-loc-filters-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 05:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A Document Format for Filtering and Reporting Location Notications in the Presence Information Document Format Location Object (PIDF-LO)
	Author(s)       : R. Mahy, B. Rosen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-geopriv-loc-filters-02.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2008-07-14

This document describes filters which limit asynchronous location
notifications to compelling events.  The resulting location
information is conveyed in existing location formats wrapped in
GEOPRIV privacy extensions to the Presence Information Document
Format (PIDF-LO)

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-loc-filters-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: "Brian Rosen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 09:24:09 -0400

I have taken over editorship of this document.  The new version incorporates
one major change which was to include a min/max rate.  This allows you to,
for example, say "send me notifications when the target moves 300 meters,
but don't send more than 10 updates per minute".

There is one more addition I want to make, which is a "quality"
(confidence/uncertainty) filter.  I will send a separate message on that.

Comments on other things that are needed would be welcome.

Brian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
> Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Monday, July 14, 2008 8:30 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Geopriv] I-D Action:draft-ietf-geopriv-loc-filters-02.txt
> 
> 	Title           : A Document Format for Filtering and Reporting
> Location Notications in the Presence Information Document Format Location
> Object (PIDF-LO)

---

From: Salvatore Loreto <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 14:58:46 +0300

Hi Brian,

thanks for the effort to restart this draft.

A first comment regards the fact the a possible filter if related to a 
resource that exceeds a specific speed.
That is OK for me, however "speed" is not defined as PIDF-LO element, 
but in
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-singh-geopriv-pidf-lo-dynamic-03.txt.
So you really need to reference this draft, otherwise we will end up in 
a situation where the notifier (location server)
will be able to detect that "the resource has exceeded a specific 
speed", but it can not even report current speed of the resource.

About the Rate Control, I like this new feature however I haven't 
understand how you really they should be used
you state:

   "minRate can be used to make sure that a
   notification is sent regardless of movement, and maxRate can be used
   to limit the rate at which notifications are sent even when other
   filters would cause many notifications."

but then the example, or better the explanation of the example seems not 
to be correct:

   <location-filter>
     <movedHoriz uom="urn:ogc:def:uom:EPSG::9001">10</movedHoriz>
     <minRate uom="seconds">1</minRate>
     <maxRate uom="seconds">10</maxRate>
   </location-filter>

   This filter specifies that notifications should be sent if the target
   moves by more than 10 meters, but no more than 5 notifications per
   second should be sent.  In addition, if the target is not moving fast
   enough to generate notifications due to movedHoriz, then extra
   notications are sent to achieve approximately 1 notification per
   second averaged over a minute.

can you clarify it?

About a "quality" (confidence/uncertainty) filter, I think it should be 
great have it in the draft as well.
So I look forward to read your proposal on that. And please let me know 
if you need support for it.

regards
Sal