Subject: [Geopriv] Relative locations & indoor maps

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 11:55:22 -0400

I think we can make indoor location a bit more useful in combination  
with RFC 4482 (CIPID). It contains a <map> element that could point to  
a GIF map, or SVG. The relative location draft simply needs to state  
that if it is used in conjunction with <map>, it refers to a reference  
location, such as the lower left hand corner, of the map. This isn't  
quite sufficient for pixel-based maps since a scale is needed to map  
relative offsets to pixels, unfortunately. For SVG, this is relatively  
straightforward, since one just needs to align the two coordinate  
systems. I doubt indoor maps would be rendered in GML, given the lack  
of browser support, but I suspect that this alignment would also work  
there.

A separate issue is whether there should be a way to obtain the  
reference point (in geo or civic coordinates). I don't think it needs  
to be included in each location object, but a reference might work.

Henning
_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv