Subject: [Geopriv] What is 'the Device' in draft-thomson-geopriv-held-measurements

From: Marc Linsner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 18:18:19 -0400

Martin,

I¹m confused about Œthe Device¹ in this draft.  The introduction provides
that the device is the target, but yet you support measurements which the
target would have no way of knowing.

Example:

4.3 DHCP Relay Agent Information Measurements.  The host requesting
configuration via a DHCP server never sees the options that are added by a
relay agents.  DHCP relay agents are suppose to remove the options they add
as the dhc offer passes through the relay agent on it¹s way to the
requesting host.

The same would be true for:

4.7  DSL Measurements
4.7.3 Ethernet VLAN Tag Measurements (at least in the context you describe)
4.7.4 ATM Virtual Circuit Measurements

Thanks,

-Marc-

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv