Subject: [Geopriv] [Fwd: Minneapolis IETF Code Sprint]

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 18:59:48 +0300

Another chance to get together and todo interop testing with GEOPRIV and 
ECRIT protocols.

Are there some new folks interested in joining?

Ciao
Hannes

PS: Information about our IETF#72 activities can be found here: 
http://geopriv.googlepages.com/

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Minneapolis IETF Code Sprint
Date: 	Tue, 19 Aug 2008 14:30:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: 	IETF Chair <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
To: 	IETF Announcement list <[email-masked]>
CC: 	[email-masked]

Minneapolis IETF Code Sprint

When:  November 15, 2008, begining at 9:30 AM

Where: IETF Hotel in Minneapolis 

What:  A bunch of hackers get together to work on code for IETF tools.
       Some people may be porting of existing functionality to the
       new framework; some people may be adding exciting new
       functionality.  All code will become part of the open source
       IETF tools.

Who:   Hopefully you can help

Henrik Levkowetz and Bill Fenner will be coordinating the event.  You
will hear more from them shortly, beginning with brainstorming about
which things to work on during this event.

Please support the tools development effort,
   Russ
_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 18:18:07 +0200

Hannes Tschofenig wrote:
> ...

Ah, very interesting.

Under "LIS Demonstration Page" I read:

"The LIS includes an AJAX application that displays the current position 
of the requestor of the page and give them an opportunity to update 
access point locations based on where they are.  JavaScript code in the 
demonstration page directs the client's browser to send a HELD query to 
the LIS (asking for civic location).  This request returns the user's 
location as a PIDF-LO, and makes it available as a JavaScript DOM 
object.  The browser pulls civic address information from this structure 
and plots it on a map of the IETF venue.

Also, since the LIS is manually provisioned (by users providing AP 
locations), the demo page offers users an interface for users to specify 
their location when location information is missing or incorrect."

The diagram below shows that the Web Server on the LIS uses 
XMLHttpRequest to perform the HELD request.

I'd like to understand how the syntax shown in the HELD examples in 
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-geopriv-http-location-delivery-08#section-11.1>:

          GET heldrefs://lis.example.com:49152/location HTTP/1.1
          Accept:application/held+xml,
              application/xml;q=0.8,
              text/xml;q=0.7
          Accept-Charset: UTF-8,*

can actually be used with XMLHttpRequest. It seems to me that this 
requires that XmlHttpRequest somehow magically understands the 
"heldrefs" URI scheme. How does that work?

Best regards, Julian

---

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 10:21:25 +0300

Hi Julian, 

Thanks for reading the text on the webpage. I almost got the impression
that you would join us next time. 

The current implementations are based on previous versions of the HELD
draft (with respect to the URI scheme issue) and use the http: and
https: reference. We will update the code once the discussion around
this issue got finalized. 

With LoST (which also runs on top of HTTP) we luckily do not have this
URI scheme issue.

Ciao
Hannes

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] 
>[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of ext Julian Reschke
>Sent: 24 August, 2008 19:18
>To: Hannes Tschofenig
>Cc: GEOPRIV
>Subject: [Geopriv] HELD, Re: [Fwd: Minneapolis IETF Code Sprint]
>
>Hannes Tschofenig wrote:
>> Another chance to get together and todo interop testing with GEOPRIV 
>> and ECRIT protocols.
>> 
>"The LIS includes an AJAX application that displays the 
>current position of the requestor of the page and give them an 
>opportunity to update access point locations based on where 
>they are.  JavaScript code in the demonstration page directs 
>the client's browser to send a HELD query to the LIS (asking 
>for civic location).  This request returns the user's location 
>as a PIDF-LO, and makes it available as a JavaScript DOM 
>object.  The browser pulls civic address information from this 
>structure and plots it on a map of the IETF venue.
>
>Also, since the LIS is manually provisioned (by users 
>providing AP locations), the demo page offers users an 
>interface for users to specify their location when location 
>information is missing or incorrect."
>
>can actually be used with XMLHttpRequest. It seems to me that 
>this requires that XmlHttpRequest somehow magically 
>understands the "heldrefs" URI scheme. How does that work?
>
>Best regards, Julian
>

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 09:52:36 +0200

> this issue got finalized. 

Maybe it would be worthwhile checking that the current draft *can* be 
implemented before making a decision :-).

> With LoST (which also runs on top of HTTP) we luckily do not have this

See :-)

BR, Julian

---

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 10:55:55 +0300

>Maybe it would be worthwhile checking that the current draft 
>*can* be implemented before making a decision :-).

That's definitely a good suggestion. 
_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv