Subject: [Geopriv] draft-ietf-geopriv-l7-lcp-ps DISCUSS by Dan

From: "Hannes Tschofenig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 12:40:15 +0300

Hi Dan, 

Regarding your DISCUSS:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/idtracker/draft-ietf-geopriv-l7-lcp-ps/comment/
97878/

[IESG Evaluation DISCUSS] 
1. Since this document was written IEEE 802.1AB was approved and deployed. I
suggest the following change in Section 5:

OLD:

Switch/Port Number:

      This identifier is available only in certain networks, such as
      enterprise networks, typically available via proprietary protocols
      like CDP or, in the future, 802.1ab.

NEW:

Ethernet Switch (Bridge)/Port Number:

      This identifier is available only in certain networks, such as
      enterprise networks, typically available via the IEEE 802.1AB
      protocol [xx] or proprietary protocols like the Cisco Discovery
      Protocol (CDP) [yy]

Adding informative references would also be nice for IEEE 802.1AB and CDP
would
also be useful.

[xx] IEEE 802.1AB-2005 IEEE Standard for Local and Metropolitan Area
Networks
Station and Media Access Control Connectivity Discovery -
http://standards.ieee.org/getieee802/download/802.1AB-2005.pdf

Somebody should be able to provide a reference to CDP.

[hannes] Fixed. 

2. The four requirements in the Security Considerations section deserve to
be
written with 2119 capitalized MUST.

[hannes] Fixed. 

Regarding your COMMENT:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/idtracker/draft-ietf-geopriv-l7-lcp-ps/comment/
97879/

There are plenty of acronyms not expanded at the first occurence: USB, DSL,
PPoE, etc.

[hannes] Good point. Fixed. 

A new version can be found here: 
http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/svn/draft-tschofenig-geopriv-l7-lcp-ps/draft-i
etf-geopriv-l7-lcp-ps-10.txt

Ciao
Hannes

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 16:52:37 +0200

These changes seem fine, and will allow me clearing the DISCUSS as soon
as the new version is submitted. 

Thank you for addressing my concerns. 

Dan

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Hannes Tschofenig [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Sunday, July 12, 2009 12:40 PM
> To: Romascanu, Dan (Dan)
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: draft-ietf-geopriv-l7-lcp-ps DISCUSS by Dan
> 
> Hi Dan, 
> 
> Regarding your DISCUSS:
97878/

[IESG Evaluation DISCUSS]
1. Since this document was written IEEE 802.1AB was approved and
deployed. I suggest the following change in Section 5:

OLD:

Switch/Port Number:

NEW:

Adding informative references would also be nice for IEEE 802.1AB and
CDP would also be useful.

[xx] IEEE 802.1AB-2005 IEEE Standard for Local and Metropolitan Area
Networks Station and Media Access Control Connectivity Discovery -
http://standards.ieee.org/getieee802/download/802.1AB-2005.pdf

[hannes] Fixed. 

2. The four requirements in the Security Considerations section deserve
to be written with 2119 capitalized MUST.

[hannes] Fixed. 

Regarding your COMMENT:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/idtracker/draft-ietf-geopriv-l7-lcp-ps/comm
ent/
97879/

There are plenty of acronyms not expanded at the first occurence: USB,
DSL, PPoE, etc.

A new version can be found here: 
http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/svn/draft-tschofenig-geopriv-l7-lcp-ps/dra
ft-i
etf-geopriv-l7-lcp-ps-10.txt

Ciao
Hannes