Subject: [Geopriv] New Version Notification for draft-thomson-geopriv-res-gw-lis-discovery-02

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 09:10:02 +0200

FYI - changes from -01 are mostly word-smithing, and also removal of 
redundant text hung over from when the draft was offering multiple 
methods.

--8<--8<--
A new version of I-D, draft-thomson-geopriv-res-gw-lis-discovery-02.txt 
has been successfuly submitted by Ray Bellis and posted to the IETF 
repository.

Filename:                 draft-thomson-geopriv-res-gw-lis-discovery
Revision:                 02
Title:                            Location Information Server (LIS) 
Discovery From Behind Residential Gateways
Creation_date:            2009-07-26
WG ID:                            Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 19

Abstract:
The residential gateway is a device that has become an integral part
of home networking equipment.  Discovering a Location Information
Server (LIS) is a necessary part of acquiring location information
for location-based services.  However, discovering a LIS when a
residential gateway is present poses a configuration challenge,
requiring a method that is able to work around the obstacle presented
by the gateway.

This document describes a solution to this problem.  The solution
provides alternative domain names as input to the LIS discovery
process based on the network addresses assigned to a Device.

The IETF Secretariat.
--8<--8<--

Ray

-- 
Ray Bellis, MA(Oxon) MIET
Senior Researcher in Advanced Projects, Nominet
e: [email-masked], t: +44 1865 332211