Subject: Re: [Geopriv] [geopriv] #7: Identity CRS URN for each "datum"

From: "geopriv issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 04:27:42 -0000

#7: Identity CRS URN for each "datum"
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |        Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                     |       Status:  new                      
 Priority:  minor                      |    Milestone:                           
Component:  rfc3825bis                 |      Version:                           
 Severity:  -                          |   Resolution:                           
 Keywords:  crs urn                    |  
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
Changes (by [email-masked]):

  * owner:  => [email-masked]

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/geopriv/trac/ticket/7#comment:1>
geopriv <http://tools.ietf.org/geopriv/>

---

From: "geopriv issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 17:12:43 -0000

Comment(by [email-masked]):

 Text is taken almost verbatim from my 3825bis document:

 Datum:

    1: WGS84 (Latitude, Longitude, Altitude):
       The World Geodesic System 1984 [WGS84] coordinate reference
       system.

       This datum is identified by the European Petroleum Survey Group
       (EPSG)/International Association of Oil & Gas Producers (OGP) with
       the code 4979, which in the GML mapping uses the URN
 "urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::4979".
       Without altitude, this datum is identified by the EPSG/OGP code
       4326 and the URN "urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::4326".

    2: NAD83 (Latitude, Longitude) + NAVD88:
       This datum uses a combination of the North American Datum 1983
       (NAD83) for horizontal (latitude and longitude) values, plus the
       North American Vertical Datum of 1988 (NAVD88) vertical datum.

       This datum is used for referencing location on land (not near
       tidal water) within North America.

       NAD83 is identified by the EPSG/OGP code of 4269, which in the GML
 mapping uses the URN
       "urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::4269".  NAVD88 is identified by the EPSG/
       OGP code of 5703, or the URN "urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::5703".

    3: NAD83 (Latitude, Longitude) + MLLW:
       This datum uses a combination of the North American Datum 1983
       (NAD83) for horizontal (latitude and longitude) values, plus the
       Mean Lower Low Water (MLLW) vertical datum.

       This datum is used for referencing location on or near tidal water
       within North America.

       NAD83 is identified by the EPSG/OGP code of 4269, which in the GML
 mapping uses the URN
       "urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::4269".  MLLW does not have a specific code
       or URN.

    All hosts MUST support the WGS84 datum (Datum 1).

    New datum codes can be registered in the IANA registry (Section xref)
 by
    a Standards Track RFC.  New geodetic coordinate datums MUST be three
    dimensional that define both horizontal and vertical components.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/geopriv/trac/ticket/7#comment:2>
geopriv <http://tools.ietf.org/geopriv/>