Subject: [Geopriv] [geopriv] #12: Query Strings

From: "geopriv issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 13:37:19 -0000

#12: Query Strings
----------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:     
     Type:  defect                      |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                       |   Milestone:     
Component:  geo-uri                     |     Version:     
 Severity:  Active WG Document          |    Keywords:     
----------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Currently, the draft says that query strings should be ignored by a client
 application, and they are not specified in the ABNF. Comments from the URI
 review list indicated that this should be changed.

 The options are as follows:

 a) keep the text as currently in the draft (not specified in the ABNF, but
 recommends clients to ignore if given)

 b) remove the offending text

 c) add query strings to the ABNF

 Note that adding query strings to the ABNF would create a huge area of
 interesting things to consider, like encoding, structure of parameters,
 etc.

 Also, semantically it is very unclear how a query string would be applied
 to the resource - since the resource is a geographic location, it would be
 hard to figure how one would apply those query strings to the location
 that is referred to in the URI.

 The recommendation by the Author is therefore to go for b)

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/geopriv/trac/ticket/12>
geopriv <http://tools.ietf.org/geopriv/>

---

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 16:52:18 +0200

> c) add query strings to the ABNF

[chair hat off...]

(b) is the best choice. It doesn't make sense to be querying a point  
in space, and the text as-is doesn't add any value.

Alissa

---

From: "Thomson, Martin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 03:36:05 -0500

I agree.  b) is best

--Martin

(I note that we need a better indication of when someone is chair or not.  I contend that it is better to assume that contributions are made as an individual unless explicitly stated.)

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
> Behalf Of Alissa Cooper
> Sent: Wednesday, 29 July 2009 4:52 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Geopriv] [geopriv] #12: Query Strings
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Geopriv mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is for the designated recipient only and may
contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the original.  Any unauthorized use of
this email is prohibited.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[mf2]