Subject: [Geopriv] BCP 160, RFC 6280 on An Architecture for Location and Location Privacy in Internet Applications

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 13:57:37 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 160        
        RFC 6280

        Title:      An Architecture for Location and 
                    Location Privacy in Internet Applications 
        Author:     R. Barnes, M. Lepinski,
                    A. Cooper, J. Morris,
                    H. Tschofenig, H. Schulzrinne
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      41
        Characters: 99801
        Updates:    RFC3693, RFC3694
        See Also:   BCP0160

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-geopriv-arch-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6280.txt

Location-based services (such as navigation applications, emergency
services, and management of equipment in the field) need geographic
location information about Internet hosts, their users, and other
related entities.  These applications need to securely gather and
transfer location information for location services, and at the same
time protect the privacy of the individuals involved.  This document
describes an architecture for privacy-preserving location-based
services in the Internet, focusing on authorization, security, and
privacy requirements for the data formats and protocols used by these
services.  This memo documents an Internet Best Current Practice.

This document is a product of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC