Subject: [Geopriv] Draft agenda for IETF 84

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 10:19:16 -0400

A draft agenda for our IETF 84 session has been posted: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/84/agenda/agenda-84-geopriv. If you have changes to suggest, please send them to the list.

We have 3 WG documents that went through WGLC without receiving any responses from people other than their authors:

draft-ietf-geopriv-local-civic
draft-ietf-geopriv-relative-location
draft-ietf-geopriv-res-gw-lis-discovery

So we'd like people to come to the meeting with WGLC responses prepared (even if those responses are just "I support this document").

---

From: tglassey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 12:05:02 -0700

> draft-ietf-geopriv-local-civic
We have just filed an IPR against this one as well...

> draft-ietf-geopriv-res-gw-lis-discovery
I need to ask some really dumb questions - ??? why are you not doing HAN 
with this LIS discovery draft. The HAN (Home Automation Network) 
standards are pretty solid now and are tied to legal mandates with how 
the power grid works and its regulated status within the utilities 
framework. Additionally I want to notice to be deployed, the legal 
implications of HAN gateways has serious implications which demand 
specific technological minimums which are not in this draft.

Finally why not use IETF's NEA for  this? It seems like this specific 
draft is a redundant protocol which doesnt make use of NEA at all. The 
NEA protocol as it stads now can and does all of the things this draft 
was supported for IMHO and is easier to tune to your specific use than 
reinventing the wheel here.

Perhaps rather than a separate initiative you could reach out to the NEA 
and the SmartGrid teams to bring their issues into the development our 
your Home Gateway solution before it gets shot down for not meeting the 
minimum regulatory and privacy specific issues with this type of 
deployment...

Just my two cents.

Todd Glassey
> _______________________________________________
> Geopriv mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv
>
>
> -----
> No virus found in this message.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
> Version: 2012.0.2197 / Virus Database: 2437/5138 - Release Date: 07/17/12
>
>

-- 
//Confidential Mailing - Please destroy this if you are not the intended recipient.