Subject: [Geopriv] RFC 7105 on Using Device-Provided Location-Related Measurements in Location Configuration Protocols

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 21:05:15 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7105

        Title:      Using Device-Provided Location-Related Measurements
                    in Location Configuration Protocols 
        Author:     M. Thomson, J. Winterbottom
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      74
        Characters: 155084
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-geopriv-held-measurements-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7105.txt

This document describes a protocol for a Device to provide
location-related measurement data to a Location Information Server (LIS)
within a request for location information.  Location-related
measurement information provides observations concerning properties
related to the position of a Device; this information could be data
about network attachment or about the physical environment.  A LIS is
able to use the location-related measurement data to improve the
accuracy of the location estimate it provides to the Device.  A basic
set of location-related measurements are defined, including common
modes of network attachment as well as assisted Global Navigation
Satellite System (GNSS) parameters.

This document is a product of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC