Subject: Re: grow: Current GROW Agenda

From: Olivier Bonaventure <[email-masked]>
Date: 02 Aug 2004 17:55:15 +0200

David,

> 	Please see http://www.1-4-5.net/~dmm/IETF/IETF60/GROW

I won't be at the IETF, but concerning
draft-ietf-grow-bgp-redistribution-01.txt the draft passed the last call
and the only remaining issue was that it does not support the encoding
of IPv6 addresses. This is normal as extended communities are too short
for this.

As the variable-lenght communities proposed by A. Lange were not
accepted by IDR, nothing can be done to allow the redistribution
communities to support IPv6 addresses. 

I can see two possible directions for the draft :
1. Make it an experimental draft and submit as it is to RFC-Editor
2. Remove the parts of the draft were IPv4 addresses are encoded inside
extended communities and reissue a new draft and a new last call

I would appreciate if you could propose those options during the meeting
and let me know the opinion of the WG

Best regards,

Olivier Bonaventure

_________________________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow.html
web archive:        http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow/

---

From: David Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 16:43:43 -0700

>> and let me know the opinion of the WG

Oliver, I'll handle it. Thanks, Dave
_________________________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow.html
web archive:        http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow/