Subject: grow: draft GROW minutes for IETF 61

From: David Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:40:53 -0800

Thanks to Geoff for acting as scribe.

	Dave
---

Actions:
  1. WG Last Call for draft-ietf-grow-bgp-wedgies-00.txt
  2. Consult with the AD for advise whether to continue with the RIFT
     document or not and advise the working group
  3. Consult with AD on the possible need to re-charter to fold in MRT
     format as a standardization activity
  4. WG mailer call to adopt anycast draft as a WG document

Draft Status

 - med-consideration
    Ready for WG Last Call?
      a few folk have read the draft. Request for review comment by the wg.

 - bgp collection communities
    In AD followup - AD is ready to go

 - embedded addresses
    In AD followup - AD is ready to go

 - BGP Wedgies
     ready for WG Last Call

 - RIFT
     (note that the RIFT draft has expired)

     proposed to cease this WG activity and not to undertake any further
     activity on this document

     This positionm was supported by Yakov, who felt that the document was
     unhelpful.

     Another view was that this document represented a narrative of a
     discussion that is worth placing in the RFC document series

     A call was made for specific objections to the document to be posted
     to the mailing list.

Presentations

  MRT format standardization
    Working group interest in adopting this as a WG document and publishing
    this.

    There is a charter issue, as this is not explicitly within the GROW
    charter. Chairs to consult with the AD on this topic.

 Anycast
    There was support in the room to take this on as a working group
    document. This is to be confirmed on the mailer.

    The authors want another revision of the document to address comments
    made on the initial draft.

 Highly Active Prefixes
    no working group actions

 BGP Status Report
    no working group actions

_________________________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow.html
web archive:        http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow/